Today on Tuesdays on the Run, the topic is “Runners That Inspire You”. Join April, Patty, and me and share who inspires you.
Here are *5* runners that inspire me for various reasons:
1. My dad. I’ve talked about him before. He’s been my favorite running partner for years and he ran his first half marathon at age 65. He has a mental toughness that I’ve never been able to achieve.
2. My friend Caroline. She was the pusher who got me into running races. Who knew she was creating a monster???
3. My friend Deb. She’s one of the ladies who runs/walks the Mainly Marathons races. She is always out there with a smile, getting it done and supporting everyone else who is out there. She was the one who inspired me to run two marathons in two days. She is also about to start a quest to reach the top level of Double Agents, which requires a ridiculous number of marathons AND half marathons in a year. I want to be her when I grow up.
4. All of the ladies who are Skirt Sports Ambassadors. We come from all walks of life and do all sorts of sports and run the gambit of ages. But everyone is getting out there doing their thing and supporting other women in their pursuit of health and fitness.
5. All the MRTT moms in the chapters I belong to. No matter how fast or slow they are or how far they are running, they are out there getting their run in and supporting all the other running moms. I’ve met so many amazing moms through these groups.
Leave a Reply