1. Yesterday was INSANE. A weekend at a race + two snow days + normal holiday stuff + a work deadline on Friday = not a moment to spare yesterday. Wanna know what I did yesterday?
- Straightened the house
- Searched for dress shoes for Jones (why don’t more manufacturers make shoes in the top of the boys’ sizes/bottom of the mens’?)
- Juggled a few balls for work
- Picked up Shoo from school
- Did a few more things for work
- Picked up Jones
- Took the boys for flu shots
- Hit Target for the necessary shirt for today’s concert
- Made an appetizer and wrapped a present for a party
- Took Jones to cello lessons
- Fed everyone dinner
- Got ready for a party
- Went to party (more on that in #3)
I seriously didn’t stop moving all.day.long. But you know how I started my day? I dropped Shoo at school and met a friend for a 3 mile run. I never would have found time to run later in the day as things got crazy and overwhelming.
Run First. My motto for the rest of the crazy days of 2013.
2. I’m going to be running a few virtual races and blogging a bit about Jost Running in the coming months. What is Jost Running? They are a small family owned company that hosts virtual races.
Here’s what Jost Running has to say about their Virtual Races:
“A virtual race is a race that runners, or walkers, can participate in no matter where they are located on the globe. The way it works is that each runner registers at www.JostRunning.com, we email them a custom racing bib, he/she runs during their selected race week, emails us their finish time, and we send them a finishers medal in the mail.What sets us apart from other virtual races is that everyone who submits a time to us will see that time represented on the results page of our website where they can check their ranking if the competition aspect is important to them, or feel a sense of community from their solo run by seeing the other runners names and times.”