- Today is Shoo’s first day of preschool. I have a tour of a waste water treatment plant, so I won’t be dropping him off. I’m pretty sure that puts me high up there in the “Worst Mom of the Year” competition.
- Yesterday I spent the day at a drinking water treatment plant. Ironically, I ended up dehydrated.
- Driving in rush hour traffic with a stick shift is a pretty accurate definition of hell.
- A (really cool) three hour walking/standing tour + not drinking enough water + a long commute home = no running.
- Today is pretty jam-packed as well. If I don’t find time to run today, I might just cry.
What have I learned from all this? I like the flexibility of not working a full-time job. I’d rather run during the day or right after Beer Geek gets off work and then work late at night than get up early to run or run after a full day at work. Right at the moment, I’m doing a lousy job of balancing all my roles. I’m really hoping having Shoo in preschool will let me get my feet under me. I’m really tired of feeling like I am constantly rushing from one thing to the next and only barely finishing every thing I need to do. And some day soon, I’d really like to have time to read and comment on more than a blog or two a day. And not getting many miles in is absolutely not helping me. ;o)