A little bullet pointy goodness to start the day:
- Jones found out his teacher assignment for the year. He got the one third grade teacher he actually knows. I’m not sure who was happier – him or me. He’s a pretty anxious kid, so having a known (and loved) entity to start the year will hopefully make the transition to third grade easier than the transition to second grade was.
- I ran four miles yesterday morning. It started out rough with my foot bothering me (it feels like I have a rock in my shoe, but it’s just the plantar wart), but then I started focusing on form and running light. I ended up doing the last two miles at 9:09 and 8:48 with minimal effort. Guess I need to focus on my form more.
- Yesterday we went to the Milwaukee zoo. The weather was beautiful and the animals seemed to appreciate that it was way cooler out. I got some awesome pictures of the big cats. (Feel free to go over to Metro DC Mom to see other pics)
- Beer Geek is safely back in Virginia. He only came out for a long weekend and now he gets to enjoy his annual week+ of silence in the house. We make sure to video chat each night so he gets his daily dose of loud.
- The problem with running in just a running bra is that it’s addictive. I love not having a shirt rub against me when I move. I feel weird running like that now that it’s cooler out. Apparently the truckers around here approve of that outfit though.
- Today’s my annual outlet mall shopping spree. I always buy a ridiculous amount of shoes at the Bass outlet and I plan to hit up the Adidas and Nike outlets pretty hard today too. Need anything?
- Don’t forget my CSN stores giveaway! It ends Friday.