When Patty, April, and I decided to make this week’s topic Favorite Race Distance, we all know what I thought I’d write about. Yes, I am addicted to half marathons. Yes, I do run them quite frequently (15 this year so far…). No, I can’t quit them.
But, if I were to be totally honest, I run them because I like the challenge. And the bling. And no one has come up with 5 10ks in 5 days as a race series. And did I mention the bling? (I’ve added 20 medals since this picture. I know.)
(And I’d like to say I do it for the beer, but most races have crap beer. Yes, I said it.)
I don’t actually love the distance. In nearly every race, at some point, I’m cursing myself for choosing to run it. No matter how you cut it, a half marathon is a long ways. But I do it anyways. And I keep going back.
So, let’s chat about my actual favorite distance: the 10K. I love me a good 10K. Why?
- I am ALWAYS 10k ready. (I may not always be fast, but I can always finish.)
- You don’t have to push as hard as a 5k.
- You don’t have to run for as long as a half marathon.
- I love training for them – 6 miles is my running sweet spot.
- I don’t have to worry about fueling or my calf cramping or my legs crapping out on me. Like I said – my sweet spot.
And this love is leaving me on the horns of a dilemma…
That’s right! I’m a ZOOMA Annapolis Ambassador again for 2015. I love this race and I can’t wait to run it (and I hope you will all join me!) But they have a half marathon option and a 10K option. What’s a half marathon girl to do when the 10K is screaming for a PR attempt?
Want to join me? Use code ERIKA15 for 10% off of either the half marathon or the 10K!
[inlinkz_linkup id=450774 mode=1]