I can’t believe we are already 6 days into 2015! I’ve been mulling over my goals for a while now and I’m not sure I’m ready to put them on “paper”, but since today’s Tuesdays on the Run topic with Patty and April is goals, it’s time to go public.
- Finish six half marathons in six days. I have now run two Mainly Marathons series: Riverboat Series in 2014 and the Dust Bowl Series in 2013. Both offered an amazing experience: weather that added even more bada$$ to running, a race organization like no other, and people who live the same kind of crazy I do. Since I finished my first one, Center of the Nation has been on my radar and 2015 is the year. This year it’s 6 states: North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Nebraska, and Colorado, which will give me 5 new states.
- Run Marine Corps Marathon. Yep, I’m going back to my roots. I started this blog when I began training for the marathon in 2008. It’s time to do it again.
- Qualify for Marathon Maniacs. “They” say that if your dreams don’t scare you, they aren’t big enough. Well, this one scares me, so it must be big enough. Thanks to Mainly Marathons and being on the RNR “rocknblog” team, I have several opportunities to do this. I’m still debating the best timing.
- Run 2 Ragnar Relays: Cape Cod and DC. I adore Ragnar. I want to run one every weekend. I want to be like that couple that ran every Ragnar in a year. But, since that can’t happen, I’m all about running the two that work for my schedule.
- Try one new recipe every month. We are in a food rut, big time. It’s time to find some new recipes.
- Find a strength training program that works for me. I used to love lifting weights before Jones was born. I need to find that love again.
- Get control over my snacking. I eat really healthy meals, but I have a bad habit of walking through the kitchen and grabbing a snack, even if I’m not hungry.
- Set up a better work environment. Working at the dining room table is not comfortable, plus it leads me to snack more.
- Be better organized with my work schedules. I’m juggling my real job, subbing at the library, writing for RunHaven, and various gigs that I get through my blog. I need to come up with a better way to balance them all and keep track of my deadlines.
- Prioritize one daytime social activity a week. Towards the end of 2014, I stopped doing anything with my friends. With marathon training starting and the increased work I’ve been doing, I need to make this a priority or I will never leave my house except for errands and running. Not a good thing for my extroverted self.
- Take a trip with Beer Geek. We have two planned: Cape Cod and Center of the Nation. Yes, I am running a stupid number of miles on both of our trips. Yes, my husband indulges me.
- Run more with moms from MRTT. I’ve realized that for long runs and hard runs, I prefer to be by myself. So, I need to join some of the slower/shorter runs so I can chat with friends.
- Get more sleep. Said every mom everywhere.
Looking at my goals, I think the key thing that jumps out at me is “balance”. As in, I need to find a way to balance my family, work, running, and blogging with also filling some of my other needs.
How about you? Do you have some rockin’ goals for 2015?