Two weeks from today, Beer Geek and I will be heading out to start another five half marathons in five days adventure. My parents are coming to the kids and we are driving (13 hours each way, GAH!) to partake in the Riverboat Series.
When I’m done, I’ll have added four new states to my collection: Kentucky, Mississippi, Arkansas, and Louisiana, bringing my total number of states to 30! I haven’t gained a state in a while, so I’m pretty excited to grab 4 in such a short amount of time.
When I ran Dust Bowl last year, I had an awesome time. The runners I met were some of the most amazing people I’ve ever had the pleasure to run with. It felt a bit like a traveling band of gypsies moving from camp to camp and friendships were forged that I expect to last a lifetime. Some of these same people will be joining me for Riverboat and I can’t wait to see them again!
In fact, one of the participants actually wrote a book about it! It’s a really fun and quick read and really gets into the stories behind the crazy runners who do multiple marathons each year. Check it out! (No, I don’t get anything out of purchases. I’m just excited to be quoted LOL.)
This year will have an added level of fun. Kim, from Just Trying is for Little Girls, is joining me. Kim found the Dust Bowl Series last year, got me interested, and then let me do it by myself. Since she’s one of my favorite blogger buddies turned IRL friend, I’ve forgiven her for ditching me last year. ;o) In all honesty, I’m just excited to see her! (And I get to run with her in Wisconsin this summer too! Woot!)
So, what will I be doing for the next two weeks?
- Planning outfits with Kim so we can be matchy matchy. Yes, I will blog about that.
- Winding down my running – I ran 54 miles last week. This week should be about 45. Next week will be 30 and then I’ll throw in a couple of short easy runs before we leave.
- Cleaning up my eating. My insatiable hunger is beginning to wane. Time to eat like a reasonable person again.
- Working as many hours as I can. I want to take the whole time off and just enjoy myself.
- Catching up on all the chores that didn’t get done while I spent my days running. OK, I’m actually pretty sure I’ll never catch up LOL.
Oh, and running one more half marathon before we go. Yes, I am that crazy!
Do you get “taper crazy”? I think I’m going to be too busy to even notice that I’m tapering LOL.
And don’t forget the Apera Sprint bag giveaway!