Ahh, Monday, here we go again…
Last week and this weekend were crazy busy again. It’s funny how having soccer commitments four days a week makes the week busy before we add anything else. But I’m doing my best to actually capture that time to do some work or workout or even just to chill with a book I’ve been wanting to read.
Last week I met with my trainer for another workout. Each workout is about 50 minutes of hell and then 10 minutes of massage/assisted stretching. In case you are wondering, I do it for the massage. Makes the hell totally worthwhile. (What’s my definition of hell? Carrying 50 pounds of weights while walking up and down the stairs. My legs are fine with it. My shoulders, not so much.)
Friday I woke up to an absolutely amazing day. Virginia loves to throw in the occasional warm day in November. I’m down with that. I had planned to go to the gym but the weather said run. Unfortunately, my hip said “no”, so I did the next best thing: 2 hours of raking leaves. Pretty sure that counts as a workout.
What? You don’t wear a cute Skirt Sports outfit to do chores? (Note that I’m also wearing an old pair of Altra Running shoes.)
Saturday, on the other hand, dawned cold and rainy, just in time for soccer practice and a Mad Fox cask ale festival. That’s ok, we don’t let bad weather ruin our fun.
Getting an autograph from a DC beer celebrity, Bob Tupper…
What happens when you give your husband your phone…
Stay tuned: I’ll be giving away one of the awesome Skirt Sports Lotta Love shirts in a couple of weeks.
Sunday it was cool and sunny – perfect soccer weather. Which was good, because once again we had a game. Sadly this one did not go as well as most and the kids were bummed after a loss. It was our last league game of the season, but we do have a tournament coming up, so hopefully we’ll end on a better note.
And now we start a new week. Yesterday started the #HolidaySweat challenge. I had a total fail of a day. I should have done something, but just never got around to it. I know. So, I’m actually setting goals for the week.
- I plan to eat “freggies” at every meal. To that end, I’ll be hitting the grocery store soon and stocking up on my favorites.
- I’m planning my workouts for the week:
- Monday – Elliptical and hour with my trainer
- Tuesday – Run to and from coffee with a friend (4 miles)
- Wednesday – Gym and raking
- Thursday – Gym or running + weights
- Friday – I’m going on a field trip to Jamestown, so hopefully I can get in a bunch of walking.
- Saturday – Quick run before Shoo’s tournament
- Sunday – Walking in between games, weight workout in the evening after the tournament is over
- Get to bed at a reasonable hour every night. (This post is actually “late” because I opted to go to bed instead of write last night.)
What are your plans for the week? Do you set up a workout schedule each week?