As part of my participation in the Under Armour What’s Beautiful campaign, I made a goal of stepping outside my comfort zone. While I haven’t exactly managed to do one thing that scares me every day, I did successfully step WAY outside my zone to race a trail half marathon. It was pretty awesome putting myself out there where I had no experience before.
OK, maybe the whole time wasn’t awesome…
But I did it!
There are still four weeks left. I need a new way to step outside my zone.
I know. I’ll stop running.
OK, I won’t stop running. I’m just going to make cross training a priority. It’s been years since I focused on something besides running for exercise (12.5 to be exact…) and it’s time to build some muscle and let some of my nagging sore spots heal.
So, for the rest of June and the beginning of July, I’m going to:
- Do 3-4 strength exercises a week. (Best Body Bootcamp will help with that.)
- Try out the new spin studio, Revolve. It’s not far from my house and it’s time to stop being afraid of not being strong/fit enough and just go do it.
- Try a new class or two at the local yoga/pilates studio. I already have a gift certificate…
- Ride at least 2 times on the real bike and 2 times on my Fitdesk.
- Maybe I’ll even go for a swim (yeah, that’s not likely LOL).
What else should I try? Give me some ideas!
Disclaimer: I am participating in the campaign as a member of FitFluential. All goals are my own.