Seriously, I feel like I have absolutely nothing to say. Which is somewhat amusing given just how much I have going on in my life right now. My brain should be overflowing with things to say, but I’ve got a case of killer writer’s block. And Shoo hasn’t even said anything too funny lately…
I’m gonna blame it on the heat (why not? I blame everything else on the heat. LOL)
So, here’s a random brain dump for you. ;o)
- I had a fabulous 3 mile run on my treadmill yesterday in a new pair of “shoes” I’m trying. They are from Zemgear and they rock. (Review soon!)
- I also had serious skirt success. I think I may have found a skirt that doesn’t require a gallon of glide to prevent chub rub! Woot! (Review after I run longer than 3 miles.)
- Unfortunately, I woke up this morning to a sore knee. On my “good” leg. WTF?
- I met with a local race director today about organizing a race starting and ending at my favorite brew pub. After we nail down a few more details, I’ll be sharing all about that process.
- I may also be working at some upcoming races and *fingers crossed* may get to work a booth at the Army 10 Miler and MCM expos. Again, lots of details to work out.
- I may actually run a race next weekend. It’s the Semper Fi 5k. The hang up? I don’t drive into DC. Of course, I don’t drive into DC ’cause I’m scared I’d end up in Anacostia and well, this race is in Anacostia, so maybe I shouldn’t worry.
- Jones’ last day of school is Friday. I can’t believe I’m about to have a rising fourth grader and a rising Kindergartner. Seriously, how can I have been a mom for almost 10 years and still feel like I’m only pretending to be an adult?
- Today is Jones’ end of year picnic. True to form, it’s supposed to be ridiculously hot and humid with chances of thunderstorms. Why did I volunteer to help out again?
- Despite my grand plan to not work until Shoo hits 1st grade, I’m beginning to feel like all my little “jobs” may suddenly add up to working as many hours as the kids are in school next year. Makes me wonder if my house will EVER look like it did pre-kids… Maybe when they leave for college…
- I’m very excited for all my bloggy friends who got chosen for the nuun HTC team, but kind of sad I’m not one of them. Ok, nevermind that I didn’t apply and running a relay is not on my agenda right now, I just want to hang out with a bunch of really cool ladies for a weekend LOL.
How exactly can my busy and exciting (to me) life be so incredibly boring to blog about? I feel like I need to go out and do something wild and crazy, like actually *race* in a race LOL.