Almost 9 years ago, I lined up at the start line in ZOOMA Annapolis for my very first half marathon. That race was not only my first race, but was the very first ZOOMA race as well. In less than two weeks, I’ll be lining up again as ZOOMA celebrates its 10th ZOOMA Annapolis.
While I may have race day jitters (I always do), I’m a very different runner than the one that lined up that first time. Since it’s Friday, I’m going to share five random things about my half marathon history.
- I’ve now run 63 half marathons (and will run 4 more before ZOOMA). I had planned to hit 70 half marathons at ZOOMA, but, well, life.
- I’ve run half marathons in 34 states (and will hit 38 the week before ZOOMA.)
- My race times have ranged from 1:59:11 to 2:43:24, but most hit within a minute or two of my time of 2:18 at the very first ZOOMA. (I can’t decide if it’s cool that I’m relatively consistent or sad that I got faster and now am back where I started.)
- Running the half marathon in Annapolis this year will make ZOOMA tied for repeat half marathons with Rock N Roll USA. I’ll have run each 3 times.
- I ran at least 10 half marathons a year in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016. Right now, 2017 is not looking like a double digit half marathon year. I’m trying to be ok with that.
I can’t believe I’m counting down the days to my next running adventure. I’m not at all ready, but so very ready at the same time. I need to get back in my half marathon groove!
Want to run a ZOOMA race? As an ambassador, I have the opportunity to give away a race – you can choose the location and the distance!
I’m linking up for Friday Five 2.0 with Running on Happy and Fairytales and Fitness. This week’s topic was fashion, but since I wear Skirt Sports for everything, I don’t have much to say about that LOL.