I’ve noticed a lot of people writing not just Year in Review posts, but Decade in Review posts, so I think I’ll bore you all with separate Decade in Review, Year in Review, and What’s up for 2010 posts. Why be succinct when you don’t have to? LOL
- Jones was born
- Shoo was born (at home and was the most empowering experience I’ve had in my life)
- Beer Geek and I celebrated our 11th anniversary with an Elvis Renewal of the Vows in Las Vegas
- We travelled to Scotland, Belgium, and The Azores (Portugal)
- We also visited California, New York, Maine, Florida, Wisconsin, North Dakota, Minnesota, Colorado, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Delaware, Connecticut, Iowa, Nebraska, Michigan, Mississippi, Texas, and Nevada (not to mention drove through a few other states)
- We visited more than 50 breweries (I think closer to 70) and attended multiple “beer events” (I’m pretty sure we hit a brewery or a brewpub in every place we visited, with the lone exception of the Azores, where I was too busy puking from morning sickness to care about beer.)
- We celebrated Beer Geek’s 40th birthday with a day at a local beer festival with 15 of our closest friends
- I ran my first marathon
- I ran 4 half marathons, 3 10 milers, and numerous shorter races (not bad considering my first race was in March 2007)
- I ran races in 8 different states and came up with my goal of all 50 states by age 50.
- I started this blog so that I no longer bore my IRL friends with this kind of stuff.
Back tomorrow with my progress on my 2009 goals (only 3.9 miles left to hit 100 miles in December).