I’m more than a little bit overwhelmed by my life at the moment. Most of it in a good way, but I keep wondering when the balls I’m juggling will start falling on my head. ;o) Because of that, my goals this year are a bit more “how to not have my head pop off from stress” and a bit less “I want to finish a marathon in a specific time.”
So here they are in all their glory!
- Run injury free in 2011.
- Get back to normal distances and speed and THEN consider training for a half marathon or longer. (Note the lack of specific mileage and speed goals for the year. Just not going there right now.)
- Run races in at least 3 states – I have Kansas, Missouri, Kentucky and one of the big
Western states penciled in.
- Exercise 6 days a week, move it all 7 days – This year, I plan to mix it up with running, Bikram yoga, and the gym. While I do plan to RACE at least one longer distance race this year, I plan to mix in some other stuff. For my “rest” day, there will be walking, biking, soccer, Wii, etc. with the boys.
- Get the kids moving with me. See above.
- Cut back on sugar in my diet. My goal is to avoid refined sugar completely at home and to really watch it when we are out.
- Eat differently when we go out to dinner. We eat out once a week, usually on Fridays. In years past, I’ve tried to not go out every week, but we really enjoy it, so that never worked. Instead, this year, I’m going to designate some Fridays as “splurge” days, but the rest of the time I’ll be perusing the menu for the healthier choices.
- Admit that I’m a work at home mom and make it a part of my life instead of constantly shoehorning work in when I should be sleeping or cleaning or playing with the kids.
- Decide on a personal training certification and pursue it.
- Continue to grow the mom-oriented running business I’ve started.
- Continue to grow my relationship with my local running store, as a volunteer and a coach.
- Find something to do for fun that doesn’t involve exercise or the computer.
- Go out with Beer Geek without the kids at least once every two weeks.
- Take a trip with Beer Geek.
I know you all were thinking I’d be announcing another marathon in my future. I haven’t written it off for 2011, but I’m barely back to runing three days a week, so I’m not going to be pressuring myself to get ready for something big anytime soon. In fact, instead of running the National Half, I’m pretty sure I’ll be out there cheering like crazy for Tonia, G, Rene’ and all my other friends running the full.
28 thoughts on “2011 Goals”
I think those are all great goals for sure. Balance in all aspects is important and looks like that is what you'll have working on these 🙂 Happy New Year!!
Great-looking goals for the year. Good luck keeping those balls in the air!! I love the "find something you enjoy without exercise or computer"… maybe I should add that to my list.
Nice realistic goals. I like it.
Sounds like a fantastic plan!! I had nod my head in agreement with MANY of your goals.
I have to say you are truly an inspiration to me! This is going to be a big year for you. Great goals!
Great goals! I need to get away from the shoehorning, too. It's tough — good luck!
great fitness goals, i like the personal section too! I'm sure you'll keep all the balls in the air, you always do! i look forward to seeing your business grow, it's a great idea and you'll be great at it!
Great goals. Happy New Year!
Happy New Year to you and your family! It's all about balance…may your goals be fulfilled and may you stay healthy in 2011 🙂
maybe we can meet up in Kansas??? What race do you have planned there?
Sounds like a full year and a great way to tackle the goals. I hope you're able to keep the goal of finding time with Beer Geek sans kiddos. Cheers!
Wow – that's lots of goals. I assume #2 personal is Beer related!
Great goals! You will rock them all – Happy new Year!
Great goals! I'm sure you will find the right balance.I'm with you on eating out – we just enjoy it too much to cut it out, but I try not to splurge too often!
Great goals! Good luck with them!
It's always good to hear someone recognize where to let some things go. At the same time, you've got some nice goals there–number one on your business list is a tough one, i find Let me know what you figure out!
These are excellent goals that show a well balanced life. Nice.
Those are solid goals for the new year. Good luck to you. Cheers!
What a wonderful list of goals!! I'd say you can do it all. Sounds like it will be an incredible year!
I like the going out to eat goal. That is a tough one for me and I feel like if I am out I can splurge.
What are your Missouri and Kansas races? Maybe it could work out for a meet up option.
I love that your goal is to keep everything balanced, rather than just go crazy with running. Nicely done, Mama!So, are you thinking of coming alllllll the way out west? Because I happen to live in one of the big western states and I'd love to run with you! 🙂
All of these goals are spot on for you – I think you're wise and I can't wait to follow along and support you!Happy New Year my friend!
I'm near P in this big western state so come on over. I probably couldn't keep up on a run, but I am all about having a beer!
I'm all about injury-free this year, for sure!And I wholeheartedly agree with the emphasis on balance 🙂
You have smart realistic goals! I love them and have a similar list. Last year I went all crazy with numbers and times…blah, blah and blah! Just not doing this year. Keeping it real:)Good luck to you! May 2011 bring you all kinds of fabulous:) Hugs!
these are a lot of pretty awesome goals! go 2011!