I’m more than a little bit overwhelmed by my life at the moment. Most of it in a good way, but I keep wondering when the balls I’m juggling will start falling on my head. ;o) Because of that, my goals this year are a bit more “how to not have my head pop off from stress” and a bit less “I want to finish a marathon in a specific time.”
So here they are in all their glory!
- Run injury free in 2011.
- Get back to normal distances and speed and THEN consider training for a half marathon or longer. (Note the lack of specific mileage and speed goals for the year. Just not going there right now.)
- Run races in at least 3 states – I have Kansas, Missouri, Kentucky and one of the big
Western states penciled in.
- Exercise 6 days a week, move it all 7 days – This year, I plan to mix it up with running, Bikram yoga, and the gym. While I do plan to RACE at least one longer distance race this year, I plan to mix in some other stuff. For my “rest” day, there will be walking, biking, soccer, Wii, etc. with the boys.
- Get the kids moving with me. See above.
- Cut back on sugar in my diet. My goal is to avoid refined sugar completely at home and to really watch it when we are out.
- Eat differently when we go out to dinner. We eat out once a week, usually on Fridays. In years past, I’ve tried to not go out every week, but we really enjoy it, so that never worked. Instead, this year, I’m going to designate some Fridays as “splurge” days, but the rest of the time I’ll be perusing the menu for the healthier choices.
- Admit that I’m a work at home mom and make it a part of my life instead of constantly shoehorning work in when I should be sleeping or cleaning or playing with the kids.
- Decide on a personal training certification and pursue it.
- Continue to grow the mom-oriented running business I’ve started.
- Continue to grow my relationship with my local running store, as a volunteer and a coach.
- Find something to do for fun that doesn’t involve exercise or the computer.
- Go out with Beer Geek without the kids at least once every two weeks.
- Take a trip with Beer Geek.
I know you all were thinking I’d be announcing another marathon in my future. I haven’t written it off for 2011, but I’m barely back to runing three days a week, so I’m not going to be pressuring myself to get ready for something big anytime soon. In fact, instead of running the National Half, I’m pretty sure I’ll be out there cheering like crazy for Tonia, G, Rene’ and all my other friends running the full.