1. We moved out of Wisconsin when I was two years old. From then until Beer Geek and I bought our house, I never lived in the same place for more than 3 years. Despite not living in Wisconsin since then, I still consider myself a Wisconsin girl. Probably has something to do with nearly my entire extended family living there.
2. Shoo was born at home. Yes, I did it intentionally and yes, it was an amazing experience. As it turns out, it was a good choice as I was in active labor for less than a half hour and only pushed for 10 minutes. If I’d been trying to get to a hospital in the DC area, there’s a very real chance he would have been born in a car.
3. I played volleyball for a club my freshman year of high school. We traveled all over New Mexico, Colorado, and Arizona playing in tournaments. During the following summer, we went to the Junior Olympics and got our butts completely handed to us. Unfortunately, we moved at the end of my freshman year and my new school didn’t have volleyball, so my hopes of playing in the real Olympics were dashed. (OK, really I was not very good, but a girl can dream, right???)
4. When I was pregnant with Jones, I craved soup every day. When I was about 8 weeks pregnant, we went to the Azores, where soup was an option at nearly every meal. (As an aside, morning sickness + a tendency towards sea sickness makes the Azores a poor choice for an early pregnancy vacation. Take my word on that.) When we returned home, I continued on my soup binge. One night we went to a local Mexican restaurant and I ordered off the Salvadoran menu. When the soup came with a huge chunk of fish with skin floating on it, it ended my desire for soup. Jones was 6 months old before I ate soup again.
5. I love craft beer (ok, that’s nothing new), but I really don’t drink very much. Usually I’ll have a total of two beers in a weekend. But, I can’t resist buying new beers to try, so there’s always a lot of beer in our house. Confession: I might belong on the show Hoarders for my need to stockpile beer. On the bright side, in the case of a natural disaster, we are set!
Tell me something I might not know about you! And don’t forget to enter my giveaway for the Subway and Fandango gift certificates!