Last night we made our usual Friday night trip to Mad Fox. They were having a little Festivus celebration, complete with food and beer specials. I, of course, had to have a glass of the beer I brewed.
Yesterday I also got a couple of early Christmas gifts. I got my gift from the blogger secret Santa exchange (thanks, Jill, for organizing!!!)
You know I’ll be enjoying a beer in that mug while I read. Not sure if the beer will help me get to Boston or not LOL. Thanks, “Road Jane”.
A running buddy also stopped by yesterday to drop off a gift. She apparently knows me well.
And there’s a little Christmas meme going around that I couldn’t resist …
- Egg nog or hot chocolate? Egg Nog. Love the stuff. Especially spiked. Ahem.
- Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa always wraps, even if it has to be in newspaper or trashbags because the gift is too big to wrap normally.
- Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored lights on tree. None on the house.
- Do you hang mistletoe? Nope
- When do you hang your decorations up? Thanksgiving weekend if I’m motivated…
- What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Kranz – a baked good we have for Christmas morning when we are with my family.
- Favorite Holiday memory as a child? The year my dad had a present hand made for my mom. It was supposed to be a chicken wreath (she collects chickens), but it ended up looking like Big Bird gone wrong. We wrapped it in a trash bag and when she opened it, we all laughed until we cried. Some day I’ll find a picture to share.
- What is on your Christmas Wish list? I really want an ipad.
- Do you open a gifts on Christmas Eve? My family does, but when we aren’t with them, we open Christmas morning. Funny story: growing up I always thought we opened on Christmas Eve because we are German. Turns out (I asked my grandma), we open on Christmas Eve because the cows needed to be milked in the morning. Hmm…
- How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Every ornament on our tree is either homemade or has special meaning. We finally have enough that I was able to not put on the “filler” ornaments this year.
- Snow? Love it or dread it? Love it when we are in Wisconsin. Hate it in Virginia because no one knows how to deal with it.
- Real tree or fake tree? Fake – I’ve never met a real Christmas tree that didn’t make me sneeze.
- Do you remember your favorite gift? Diamond earrings Beer Geek gave me on our first Christmas together. You have to know him to understand what a big deal it is that he actually bought me jewelry. On his own. Without my input. I’ve worn them nearly every day for the last 17 years.
- What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you? Spending time with family.
- What is your favorite Holiday dessert? Christmas cookies.
- What is your favorite tradition? My favorite tradition with my kids is making gingerbread houses and then on New Year’s Day, breaking them into little pieces with hammers and leaving them for the squirrels and birds to eat.
- What tops your tree? Theoretically a beautiful angel, but it’s too big for our current tree, so nothing right now.
- Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? I love giving gifts and try really hard to find the “perfect” gift, but it always makes my day when I get a little surprise something.
- What is your favorite Christmas Song? I’m not really a Christmas song kind of girl, but I LOVE singing the German version of Silent Night at church on Christmas Eve.
- Candy canes, yuck or yum? Yum.
- Favorite Christmas Movie? Don’t really have one.
- What do you leave for Santa? Cookies and beer. (What? You don’t think he needs a beer after delivering presents all night long?)
- Do you have a Christmas morning tradition? Not really. Mostly just drink coffee while the kids open their presents. We always had Kranz growing up, but I suck at baking it, so it doesn’t happen unless we are at my parents’ house.
- Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall? I never hit the mall, but I do some shopping at local stores. Probably 50% comes from online.
- Christmas letter or Christmas card? Christmas card. Between Facebook and my blog, most of my life is out in public LOL.
Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!
10 thoughts on “A little early celebrating and a Christmas meme…”
Merry Christmasand a Happy New Year! http://Www.dashingdiva.net
Merry Christmas! I love that you leave Santa a beer. He definitely needs one:)
Have a wonderful Christmas!!! Awesome that you got to enjoy the beer you brewed.
Tidings of joy (and beer) to you this Holiday!
I love the story of why you open your presents the evening before. There's usually a good practical reason for traditions.Happy Christmas to you and your family.
Ooo, I love the mug – perfect for when Jamoosh comes to visit again, eh? I definitely think alcohol helps you get to Boston :).Hope you had a fantastic Christmas…best wishes for an healthy, Injury-Free year in 2012!!