After I wrote Friday’s post, it occurred to me that I had actually written a goal post for 2012. I had no memory of what I’d written, so I thought “hey, let me go see how I am doing on those.” (Obviously I was really concerned about them, seeing as how I hadn’t even thought about them since January. LOL)
- Continue to run injury free in 2012. LISTEN to my body and visit my chiro as needed. Doing pretty good here. I’m seeing my chiro about every three weeks and I’m making it nearly that long without my calf freaking out.
- Build my “base mileage” to at least 30 miles per week. Then consider various training options. We’ll give this goal a B. I’ve only hit 3o miles one week, but I’ve been consistently running 25 miles or more a week. In fact, after running only 37 miles total in November, I’ve run over a 100 miles a month for the last four months.
- Run a “balls to the wall, leave it all on the course, go right up to the puke threshold (maybe beyond)” 5k at the Love the Run You’re with 5k in February. Yep. Died at the end of mile 2, which means I left a little too much on the start of the course.
- Run races in at least 4 states – Hoping for some blogging buddy meetups in Ohio, Oregon, Washington, and either Connecticut, Rhode Island, or Massachusetts. North Carolina done. Oregon, Washington, and Rhode Island on the calendar. I may even sneak in Iowa this year too.
- Keep up the 30 minutes of intentional movement every day that I started on December 1. I don’t manage 30 minutes straight every day, but I’ve added a lot of little movement throughout the day, so I’ll call this a success.
- Get the kids moving with me. Doing good when the weather allows us to bike and Jones has started occasionally walking home from school with a friend. This is still a work in progress.
- Keep my focus on veggies and fruits. Continue to strive for 7 a day every day.Some days I rock this. Some days I don’t.
- Try one new fitness activity this year. (I’d like to say each month but part of being SMART is being realistic LOL)I’ve done a lot of yoga this year. I’ve also signed up for a Core Barre class and won 5 classes at the new spinning studio. Doing great here.
- Bike enough to make it worth buying a new bike. Doing ok here, but the new bike is not currently in the budget, thanks to a tree that needs some work after a huge branch came down last night. (No one hurt, no real damage, just need to make sure no more comes down.)
- Continue working for my awesome boss at my job that I enjoy. (Working for someone you’ve been friends with since you were 19 does not suck.) This continues to go great.
- Continue to grow my relationship with my local running store, as a volunteer and a coach. (I actually have a specific goal here, but it’s still under wraps.)Lots of good stuff going on here.
- Even though I’m no longer running a coaching business, keep working with moms who want to get back in shape/start running as a volunteer activity.Not so much. But honestly, there’s only so much time in a day.
- Join BURP (a local homebrew club).Haven’t done this yet.
- Brew a batch of beer at home.Nope. Time to get on this.
- Go out with Beer Geek without the kids at least once every two weeks.Doing pretty good here.
- Take a trip with Beer Geek.This may have to be fall thing. Spring has gotten away from us and the summer is booked.
- Continue to slowly clean out the clutter in our house. Living someplace for 14 years tends to fill a place up LOL.Sort of succeeding here. I’m doing pretty good at the “one in, one out” thing, but not making a huge dent yet.
Well, hmmm, looks like most of my goals line up with my priorities right now, which is a great thing to realize. I have a lot of friends in their early 40s who are going through rough patches. Thanks to running and my job, I seem to be hanging in there. So far 2012, while not the most exciting year of my life, is going quite well.
How’s 2012 treating you so far?