So far, February is treating me well in terms of hitting my goals. I may just get my running back on track yet.
This week I:
- Ran a total of 30 miles. I’m pretty sure I’ve never hit that number before when I wasn’t deep in marathon training.
- Ran a great 10 mile run at an average pace of 10:30. It was a touch faster than I was supposed to, but once the wind was at my back, I couldn’t resist picking up the pace a little bit.
- Ran one awesome speed workout, but managed to keep all my other workouts at my goal slower pace (and sometimes even slower than that to accomodate others).
- Did 3 strength workouts. That right there is virtually unheard of around here.
- Ran .5 miles barefoot on the treadmill. I did it very slowly and focused on running lightly and aiming for the 180 cadence (I almost got there!)
The best part is that the only achilles pain I felt all week was when I ran with the inserts, which will be returned. Also, the core workouts that my trainer designed have made enough of a difference already that I made it to mile 8 before I felt soreness in my lower back. Woot!
So, what were your successes this week?
(Don’t forget the ALO capris giveaway that ends tomorrow night. Donating 5 little dollars to a really worthy cause will get you three extra entries!! And don’t forget that you have to be an MCM Mama follower AND a facebook fan of ALO to win.)
23 thoughts on “Celebrating my successes”
Woo hoo! Let's hear it for success.
I love this post! I love it as much as I (don't love) valentine's day.Seriously though, I too have set upon a brutal core regimen and am also seeing running results. When my back gets tired I slump ~ I was definitely "taller" at the end of my long run this week. Here's to MORE successes THIS week!
great successes. everything is coming together!
Don't you love it when a plan comes together???????
Nice job, girl! ::high fives::
Awesome week!!!! Nice job keeping the runs slow when they need to be and rocking the rest of your mileage. And did you say THREE strength workouts?? NICE!
Awesome job this week! Here's to more successes!
I completed two 2 mile runs in my new vibrams and they went really well. I also got in a great 7 miler (but not in the vibrams). Way to go on strength training! I need to do more of that.
30 miles!! woo hoo!!! go mama go!
There is something about 30 miles that makes me feel quite good! Congrats on a successful week!
i'm loving this. keep killing it this month!
Nice job on such a solid running week!
Yay! Sounds like you're having an awesome month! Great job!
awesome!!! great job!!! my successes lately have been managing to fit in some pretty decent tri training. training for a triathlon takes a lot of time management, something i suck at. so this is a BIG success for me. lets hope i can keep it up!
Nice workouts! A great week – and I love that you're celebrating all the successes!
great work outs. I am going to add a lot of core starting this week. hoping that will help with my running. I also hit the chiropractor for the first time and am hoping for a couple of good runs this week.
Nice!!! Great going!!
YayFor aGreat 10!Love it.
Sounds like a great week of running!! I'm really dying to get into some Vibrams.