So far, February is treating me well in terms of hitting my goals. I may just get my running back on track yet.
This week I:
- Ran a total of 30 miles. I’m pretty sure I’ve never hit that number before when I wasn’t deep in marathon training.
- Ran a great 10 mile run at an average pace of 10:30. It was a touch faster than I was supposed to, but once the wind was at my back, I couldn’t resist picking up the pace a little bit.
- Ran one awesome speed workout, but managed to keep all my other workouts at my goal slower pace (and sometimes even slower than that to accomodate others).
- Did 3 strength workouts. That right there is virtually unheard of around here.
- Ran .5 miles barefoot on the treadmill. I did it very slowly and focused on running lightly and aiming for the 180 cadence (I almost got there!)
The best part is that the only achilles pain I felt all week was when I ran with the inserts, which will be returned. Also, the core workouts that my trainer designed have made enough of a difference already that I made it to mile 8 before I felt soreness in my lower back. Woot!
So, what were your successes this week?
(Don’t forget the ALO capris giveaway that ends tomorrow night. Donating 5 little dollars to a really worthy cause will get you three extra entries!! And don’t forget that you have to be an MCM Mama follower AND a facebook fan of ALO to win.)