Lack of cleanliness could refer to a whole lot in my life right now:
- me – I haven’t showered in longer than I care to admit
- my living room – it looks like our basement threw up in it
- my hallway – it currently has more battle droids than the Star Wars movies
- my bedroom – the laundry monster has taken over because the laundry baskets are full of basement stuff
- my treadmill – despite being covered in plastic, it’s got a nice layer of drywall dust on it
In fact, this morning I felt so surrounded by dust and chaos that I didn’t even know where to start. I found myself just sitting in my dining room staring at my computer screen, knowing I had to do something, but not knowing what that something was.
So, I did what any smart mom would do.
I went for a run.
It was just a little three miler without any electronics, but it cleared my head of all the internal clutter.
Up next? Cleaning up the living room and winning the war with the battle droids.
And maybe, just maybe, I’ll find five minutes to shower before I pick Shoo up from preschool…