Today, I had a ton of excuses as to why I could not run:
- A can of shaving cream fell out of the cabinet and landed on my foot yesterday. When I went to bed last night, I was limping and unable to move my toes.
- I had trouble falling asleep last night because of some stressful information I got late in the evening.
- Shoo woke me up at 4:30am and I had trouble falling back to sleep.
- I then woke up 45 minutes late and was dizzy and disoriented.
- Shoo had a dental appointment at 10:50, which didn’t leave me much time between when I dropped him off at camp and had to pick him up.
- It’s ridiculously hot today, even for Virginia in June.
- I hadn’t taken a rest day yet this week, so I could justify a day off.
- I had a phone call I HAD to make to resolve the info from last night and I wanted to make it before his appointment.
Every time I came up with a new excuse, I told myself “Do it anyways.” From the time I got up at 7:15 until I got back home at 9:05, I just kept making decisions that would make it possible to run. I put on running clothes when I got up (mostly because I woke up sweaty and didn’t have time to shower.) I grabbed some breakfast in between Jones drop off and Shoo drop off (thank goodness for the egg casserole I made on Monday!) I dropped Shoo off and hurried home, instead of socializing.
I walked in the door and decided to hit the treadmill, since that required no prep. All I had to do was slip off my sandals, take off my t-shirt and turn on the t.v. 3.1 miles and less than 29 minutes later (I did an interval workout), I looked like I’d been swimming, rather than running.