Please welcome Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC! I’m still working on my goals for the year, so she offered to share hers today! Enjoy!
Sometimes, I’m a bit of an overachiever. This week, the Friday Five is talking about goals and since I had ten goals, Erika was kind enough to let me share five over here and five on my blog. So, here’s five of my ten goals for the new year.
- Plan out blog posts by having brainstorming sessions every month. I’m going to devote one Sunday afternoon each month to brainstorming ideas for the upcoming month and I think this will help me to avoid writing posts a day or so before they go live (which I hate!).
- Ramp up marathon training by running at least 3 20 milers during training cycle. I ran an 18 miler and a 20 miler in this last training session and while I can’t be sure, I think that the cramping I experienced while running Richmond may have been related to muscle fatigue — which I can help avoid by running more long runs.
- Work on iPhone photography skills for the blog. I don’t have a fancy camera and I have no plans to buy one. However, I know there are lots of things I can do to learn to photograph better with my phone and I’ll be looking into that for this upcoming year.
- Run a new to me distance and 2015. I have no idea what that might be given that I’ve run most races from 5k to marathon (maybe a 12k?) but I’m on the hunt for unique distances!
- Remain consistent with Pure Barre and cross training. This is a must. Pure Barre has made me stronger, faster and leaner and I need to stick with it. I love it so but sometimes get frustrated because it’s pricey. However, it’s worth it so I’m going to just commit and get it over with!
What are your 2015 goals?
Courtney Dredden is the author of Eat Pray Run DC, where she blogs primarily about running, food and D.C. life. A four-time marathoner, she is currently crafting her running goals for 2015. Outside of running, she loves her husband, church, Alabama football and her miniature dachshund. She can be found on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram.
Leave a Reply