Today is a free topic day for the Friday Five link up with Courtney, Mar, and Cynthia, so I’m going to share a few things that are making me happy this week.
1. Old school exercise with my boys. I’m pretty sure my butt is going to hurt at the race on Saturday.
2. Veggies, veggies, and more veggies. I’ve probably eaten my weight in cucumbers, as well as a ridiculous number of kohlrabi, okra, tomatoes, and corn. My mom grows everything except the corn in her garden, so it’s super fresh and all organic. Yummy!
3. Block Island Organic sunblock – This was given to me to try for free. I love it. I’ve long had a preference for titanium and zinc based sunblocks, but I get tired of looking even whiter than I am. This awesome sunblock goes on easily and actually blends in really well. As an added bonus for me, it smells good (I’m super sensitive to perfumed stuff). Even better, it’s on sale right now on their website and if you use code mcmmama, you get 20% off the already reduced price. (Code expires on 8/18)
4. Not only do I get amazing veggies when I visit my parents, I get good beer. My parents got new next door neighbors last year and not only are they good people, they make good beer. Yes, that’s exactly what I want in a neighbor. (Think I can convince one of my neighbors to start brewing?)
5. This. Toasted.Sticky.Sweet.Goodness
Bonus: I get to introduce Kim to the goodness that is Wisconsin this weekend. On the agenda: beer, brats, fresh veggies, and a half marathon.
24 thoughts on “Five Awesome Things Friday”
Those veggies look absolutely delicious! Yum! And a next door neighbor who brews beer? If only we could pick and choose our neighbors based on that requirement!
I know! I just pick my friends that way. ;o)
Ohhh smores…. to die for!!!
Those veggies and the marshmallows look great! You’re making Wisconsin sound super delicious 🙂
Wisconsin = lots of eating LOL.
At the airport in PDX right now! Taking the long way to get to you, via Seattle and Minneapolis. Looking forward to all that Wisconsin has to offer. You may turn me and make me a beer fan yet!
Hope you had a fun time! It was awesome to see you again.
Oh man, I may have to move there now! I think #1 may be the best workout ever!
I keep trying to convince my husband, but the winters can be awful.
Wow could there be any more motivation for going to your parents?!
I know, right? The best part is that I don’t have to make the meal decisions. I just get told what to chop. So nice to get a break from meal planning LOL.
I am going to my niece’s skating party this weekend and I can’t wait! Hopefully I don’t break anything!
It was amazing how fast the ability to skate came back…
I’m obsessed with corn and tomatoes too right now. Hope you are enjoying your vacation.
I can’t grow tomatoes in my yard, so I love coming home in August. It’s always fun to relax here.
I love marshmallows. The smore part I don’t really care about, marshmallows is where it is at. Last summer at a family camping trip, I had completed a 18 mile training run one day so that evening I know I overate what I exactly burned that day in marshmallows but it was all worth it being roasted over a fire!
I may have eaten a whole lot more marshmallows than I did s’mores, but what happens in Wisconsin, stays in Wisconsin.
Hope you are having a great trip!!
I miss my friends, but it’s awesome to hang with my family.
Looks like a great time in Wisconsin. The vegetables look delicious.. I want some corn on the cob stat!
Yes, lots of yummy veggies. I think I might OD LOL.
Great things happening for you this week! Love this list – I don’t think I could pick a favorite. I really want to get a garden going next year for some fresh veggies. My father-in-law has tomatoes, and I’m anxiously awaiting for them to be ready. My husband is a home brewer – great perks of being married to one 🙂
My husband used to brew, but we haven’t brewed in ages. Good thing there are so many other good brewers out there…