1. Old school exercise with my boys. I’m pretty sure my butt is going to hurt at the race on Saturday.
2. Veggies, veggies, and more veggies. I’ve probably eaten my weight in cucumbers, as well as a ridiculous number of kohlrabi, okra, tomatoes, and corn. My mom grows everything except the corn in her garden, so it’s super fresh and all organic. Yummy!
3. Block Island Organic sunblock – This was given to me to try for free. I love it. I’ve long had a preference for titanium and zinc based sunblocks, but I get tired of looking even whiter than I am. This awesome sunblock goes on easily and actually blends in really well. As an added bonus for me, it smells good (I’m super sensitive to perfumed stuff). Even better, it’s on sale right now on their website and if you use code mcmmama, you get 20% off the already reduced price. (Code expires on 8/18)
4. Not only do I get amazing veggies when I visit my parents, I get good beer. My parents got new next door neighbors last year and not only are they good people, they make good beer. Yes, that’s exactly what I want in a neighbor. (Think I can convince one of my neighbors to start brewing?)
5. This. Toasted.Sticky.Sweet.Goodness
Bonus: I get to introduce Kim to the goodness that is Wisconsin this weekend. On the agenda: beer, brats, fresh veggies, and a half marathon.