Happy Friday! This week has been, umm, interesting. This was the first Presidential election where one of my kids was old enough to really be interested and invested, even if he isn’t quite old enough to vote. This led to some great conversations and bonding time, but it sure cut into my sleep time. And we all know I’m sleep deprived normally, so you can only imagine how much sense I’m making these days.
So, for Friday Five today, I’m going light and easy: 5 things that I’m loving right now as fall arrives.
Before that, I want to say thank you to all of our Veterans for all that you do and all that you have done. It’s because of you that we even have the opportunity to experience election night. And check out this awesome picture of my dad that my mom sent me from when he first joined the Air Force.
My five (current) favorites:
- The Finisher shirt I got from the Marine Corps Marathon – I’ve never gotten one before, but I had a friend who was willing to pick one up for me when her husband finished the race (before the lines got crazy.) It is seriously one of the softest shirts I own (the Skirt Sports Don’t Sweat It collection is just as soft). I’ve already worn it a couple of times and it’s been less than two weeks since the race. And then there’s the sweatshirt I bought that’s like butta, and the half zip that’s super comfy. Yes, I may have bought a few things this year. It was going to be my last MCM. ;o)
- Skirt Sports Toasty collection (affiliate link)- I’m in love with the skirt and the vest. It’s finally getting cool here, so I can’t wait to wear them. I’m particularly excited about the skirt because my rear is the part that gets the coldest during winter runs. And Skirt Sports is throwing in a free beanie if you buy by 11/13/16 (and it looks like my 20% off code is working: MCM20)
- Lularoe leggings – Yeah, I went there. I really really didn’t mean to, but a close friend hosted a party. I just went to show support, but once I felt the leggings I was a total goner. I’m still not a fan of the really crazy patterns, but I’m digging the pattern I did buy. They’ll be perfect with a big sweatshirt when I’m working at home on a cold day.
- My new Altra One 2.5 (affiliate link)- You all know I love my Altras, but I hadn’t bought new ones in quite a while. I got a couple of pairs right before the marathon and oh.my.goodness! I had forgotten how awesome they were before I put 100s of miles on them. Like running on clouds! (Apparently I need to replace my shoes more often…)
- Dark beer – My favorite time of the beer year is here! So many stouts, porters, holiday beers… I’m trying to have a little self control in my purchasing this year though. Last year I was drinking the holiday beers until late summer when we had an “empty the fridge” party.
Hope you all have a happy Friday. I’ll be freezing my tail off at the soccer fields all weekend as Shoo has a tournament. Hmm, maybe I’ll wear my Toasty Cheeks skirt and at least my butt will be warm!
Disclaimer: I am an ambassador for both Skirt Sports and Altra Running. As such I do get some discounts and free items, but all opinions are my own and I loved them both before becoming an ambassador.