1. Yesterday I saw my chiropractor again. I have a high pain tolerance. I’ve run two marathons and many long runs. I gave birth to Shoo without drugs. When the chiro pushed his thumb into my right hip flexor, I damn near screamed and thought I was going to pass out. The stuff he did to my knee hurt nearly as badly. Thank goodness it only lasts for a few minutes!
2. Pictures are up from the run this past weekend:
|Look, ma, no heel strike! And a smile.|
|Forgot the garmin, so had to look at the clock as I finished LOL.|
3. I got an awesome delivery in the mail. Enough nuun for a
year few days.
4. Shoo has been really amusing me lately (when he’s not driving me absolutely insane.) Some recent gems:
“Mom, monkey farts smell like bananas.”
“Why can’t my cousin be my sister?”
“Who is the real Cornholio?” (There’s a LOT of backstory to that one.)
“Is that another earthquake?” (as he kicks the table with his foot).
5. Both boys have friends spending the night tonight. This is either a genius move on my part or the.worst.idea.ever. Ask me in the morning. ;o)
Have a great weekend and good luck to everyone racing! I’m going to go for slow, short run to see if the pain being inflicted upon me is making running better. ;o)
7 thoughts on “Friday Five”
I have never been to a chiro. And with that report, I never will.Love the photos!When is it most of us stop being funny? Because every kids I know says things that are hilarious!
Oh boy….the chiro can do things that really do you in. I had 4 kids with no pain meds and everytime I go to my ART guy I start crying….Have fun with the slumber party. They can either go really, really good or really, really bad:)
hip flexors….ow. I had mine graston'd and blacked out a bit.
It's amazing how they know just the right spot to push that hurts like no other!! But it will help it feel better in the long run! Hopefully 😉
ouch, i don't even want to think of having a thumb in my hip flexor but i probably need it
I gotta know what you love about the Nuun? I've been running for years and havn't tried it. Do you drink it before the run, after or during? Is it like cytomax? Cytomax makes me puke. I've seen so many bloggers that talk about the Nuun and I can tell that you are a lover. Which is your favorite? I'll go get some. 🙂
I swear that regardless of how you feel, a physical therapist will find the part of your body that hurts the most. Even if you didn't know it hurt to begin with.