- I did manage to get in my second run. I did four miles in very small loops around my neighborhood, including 8 times around the block in front of my house. Why? Because I could hear the thunder and the minute I saw lightening, I was done. Despite the heat and humidity, I actually ran them nearly a minute faster per mile than the three I did in the morning. Huh?
- While I was down on my hands and knees scrubbing the shower tonight, I asked Shoo to get me a big cup of water from the sink. His response: “ok, Princess”. Apparently in his world, princesses dress in trampy clothes and scrub bathrooms.
- I had planned to make up a special package for winner #13 that would include some socks, nunn, the last item (a bottle opener), and some other random stuff. Angie runs barefoot, works for nuun, and can’t drink beer because of the gluten. No worries – I’ll still come up with some cool stuff for her, but it’s pretty amusing that she needs none of what she won. ;o)
- I am already quite a bit behind in blog reading/commenting. This weekend will not help that at all. Please don’t take it personally if you don’t hear from me for a bit while I work through the many posts in my reader. I don’t think I’ll be touching the blog until Sunday, when I hope to have lots of interesting pictures for you all.
- I don’t usually see much interesting when I’m out on my runs. Occasionally I’ll get yelled at by a homeless person or have to dodge a random dead animal, but really, I run in a pretty boring urban environment. This morning I saw a woman dressed in a really cute sundress, lovely jewelry, and rain boots. Not cute rain boots. Boots like you’d see on someone planning to wade through some nasty stuff. Now, I’m all about wearing comfortable shoes when commuting, but this took the cake.
- Today we are going on a field trip with Jones’ class. It’s supposed to be 90+ degrees today. I have I mentioned how much I hate being hot? We will be going on a hay ride. The combination of sweat + shorts + straw may be more than I can handle.
- I discovered last night that the event we are going to tonight is not where I thought it was. Good thing I figured it out last night. Being on the opposite side of town from where you need to be on a Friday during rush hour would be an absolute disaster.
- Jones just told me his mouth tastes funny – one of the signs that he’s gets when he’s getting strep. I’ll cry if he gets strep again.
Have a wonderful weekend! See you on the flip side!