- I did manage to get in my second run. I did four miles in very small loops around my neighborhood, including 8 times around the block in front of my house. Why? Because I could hear the thunder and the minute I saw lightening, I was done. Despite the heat and humidity, I actually ran them nearly a minute faster per mile than the three I did in the morning. Huh?
- While I was down on my hands and knees scrubbing the shower tonight, I asked Shoo to get me a big cup of water from the sink. His response: “ok, Princess”. Apparently in his world, princesses dress in trampy clothes and scrub bathrooms.
- I had planned to make up a special package for winner #13 that would include some socks, nunn, the last item (a bottle opener), and some other random stuff. Angie runs barefoot, works for nuun, and can’t drink beer because of the gluten. No worries – I’ll still come up with some cool stuff for her, but it’s pretty amusing that she needs none of what she won. ;o)
- I am already quite a bit behind in blog reading/commenting. This weekend will not help that at all. Please don’t take it personally if you don’t hear from me for a bit while I work through the many posts in my reader. I don’t think I’ll be touching the blog until Sunday, when I hope to have lots of interesting pictures for you all.
- I don’t usually see much interesting when I’m out on my runs. Occasionally I’ll get yelled at by a homeless person or have to dodge a random dead animal, but really, I run in a pretty boring urban environment. This morning I saw a woman dressed in a really cute sundress, lovely jewelry, and rain boots. Not cute rain boots. Boots like you’d see on someone planning to wade through some nasty stuff. Now, I’m all about wearing comfortable shoes when commuting, but this took the cake.
- Today we are going on a field trip with Jones’ class. It’s supposed to be 90+ degrees today. I have I mentioned how much I hate being hot? We will be going on a hay ride. The combination of sweat + shorts + straw may be more than I can handle.
- I discovered last night that the event we are going to tonight is not where I thought it was. Good thing I figured it out last night. Being on the opposite side of town from where you need to be on a Friday during rush hour would be an absolute disaster.
- Jones just told me his mouth tastes funny – one of the signs that he’s gets when he’s getting strep. I’ll cry if he gets strep again.
Have a wonderful weekend! See you on the flip side!
20 thoughts on “Friday Randomness”
It is gonna be a hot one! Bring you sunblock! I pray your little guy does not have strep again! and laughing about Barefoot Angie!
Oh, I hope he isn't getting strep! Have a good weekend, and try to stay cool 🙂
lol at calling you princess. maybe he was thinking cinderella?hope Jones isn't getting strep again. 🙁
Very funny about Angie's prizes!Also interesting–the faster pace on the second run. I have that happen every once in a while too…not sure what that phenomenon is!
OH, I hope it's not strep! And seriously, that "Princess" comment is killing me!
Glad you were able to squeeze in some miles. Good call staying close to home! You must have been faster trying to beat the storm!Good luck on the field trip today. Hope it's not too nasty-hot.
have a great weekend, princess! 🙂 🙂 🙂
The other day my six year old slapped me on the butt as he walked by and said "Hey Ma" These kids kill me.
I hope your house stays strep free. Have a great weekend!Oh, also, I registered for the 1/2 in August in Madison – are you running it? Decided I definitely needed some Madison redemption. 🙂
lol – it was probably the adrenaline from the thunder and lightening 🙂 I ran really fast once when I was getting attacked by millions of grasshoppers. gah.
Your Shoo stories crack me up! Have a great weekend!
You are not alone with being behind on blogging….at least you found time to post:) I hope your little stud is not getting sick. Take care and have a great weekend:)
Laughing out loud at the Princess comment. I love the things kids say!
Going on a hay ride in 90 degree heat is not a lot of fun! Hope there is no strep at your house!
So the moral of the story is that you don't have to act like a princess to be one.
Hope you had fun on the class trip! And definitely hope it isn't strep again!!!! Did you replace all of your toothbrushes? As soon as we have strep in the house, the toothbrushes all get tossed.
WOW, nothing like a little lightning to help speed you up on the run!!! Way to find a way to get some miles in.
Keeping my fingers crossed for strep free!
The stories about your kids crack me up! So adorable!Hope you had fun at SAVOR. The Vintage VA Wine Festival wiped me out!
Hope you enjoyed the beer event this weekend and that Jones is feeling better!