I can’t believe the year is half over. I also can’t believe how many of my goals I’ve hit. Unfortunately, I’m now living in slackerville as I try to figure out where my motivation went. June was a total loss as far as fitness goes…
So, let’s see what I accomplished the other 5 months of this year so far:
- Finish another five half marathons in five days. Did it. Rocked it! Want to do it again. I’m aiming for Center of the Nation in fall 2015. I’ll do pieces of a few other series along the way.
- Run 14 16 half marathons in 2014. Ok, let’s dial that back to 15. 14 are done (Hello, Venus!) and 15 is coming soon. I’ll be offering up my code for the Baltimore Half Marathon soon as I’ve decided not to run it. Oh, wait, I’ve got one in October in West Virginia. Guess I’m back to 16.
- Run half marathons in 4 new states and one new country. 4 new states DONE, but I’ll be picking up half marathons in Wisconsin and West Virginia. Oh, and Ireland is done. Notice how I slipped that one past you???
- Keep moving our whole family down the path towards healthier eating and more movement. Beer Geek moved himself down this path and rides his bike regularly. Shoo will be playing on two soccer teams in the fall. Guess that means I need to convince Jones to be a runner.
- Move on the days I’m not running – a minimum of fifteen minutes. I suck at this. I’m good for a bit and then I slack. I’ve done a couple of boot camps recently and realized I have zero functional fitness.
- Get back to a point where I’m comfortable in all of my clothes. June was not a good month. That is all.
- Consistently work the number of hours each month that I’m supposed to hit. I’m a bit more consistent here. I’ve finally gotten better about scheduling time to sit down and work.
- Keep building my skills with Google Apps, especially in creating Google Sites. We have a bunch of clients on Google Sites now, so I get paid to learn more. Love it!
- Actually attend a BURP (homebrewers/beer lovers) event. Yeah someday…
- Take a trip with Beer Geek. Hello, Riverboat Series. We have our annual beer weekend coming up soon too.
- Be more social. I’ve done better with this. I work in the public library now. I’ve also been running and socializing some with MRTT. Also, I’ve made more of an effort to entertain at our house and say yes when people invite us to do things.
So far, 2014 has been a really good year. I accomplished so much though, that I’m having a hard time figuring out what next. But maybe it’s good to take a mental and physical break for a bit. But I need to get my act together soon so I’m ready for my next half marathon and Ragnar in September!
Tell me something awesome you’ve accomplished this year!