Here are the rules:
- Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award. (Love the old school image for this old school style of post)
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other blogs you enjoy and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
I’ll do my best on the seven facts – probably not going to be lot of new info. That’s what happens when you blog for so many years. All the interesting tidbits about you are out there…
1. I ran my first half marathon in 2008 and qualified for Half Fanatic status in 2009 by running two half marathons in 7 days. I ran one or two half marathons a year for the next 3 years. It wasn’t until 2013 that I became truly fanatic and I still blame Kim for introducing me to Mainly Marathons and the multi-day races.
2. Beer Geek and I have known each other since I was in college. One of the things I liked best about his visits (long before we started dating) was that he brought down Anchor Porter to drink. Apparently beer was an important part of our relationship even before we were a couple. To this day, Anchor Porter will always bring a smile to my face.
3. Our first cat’s name was Saranac. Our second cat’s name was Pete (named after Pete’s Wicked Ale). When I was pregnant with Jones, all of our friends wanted me to name him after a beer. Yeah, no. I am sad, however, that our current cat’s name is Ella and that there is no beer association.
4. I’m not a fan of summer for a lot of reasons. I hate the heat. I hate the humidity. I hate the light colored beers. Know what I saw this week? Oktoberfest beer at the grocery store. This means dark beers aren’t far behind. Pretty soon my holiday beer hoarding can begin.
5. I come from a pretty tall family. I have male several male cousins who are 6’5-6’7. Many of my female cousins are nearly 6′. Me? I’m 5’3″. I’ve spent my whole life looking up. Jones is only an inch or so shorter than me and Shoo is always in the 90th percentile. It won’t be long and I’ll be looking up all the time.
6. My relationship with Beer Geek has had some interesting milestones:
- we met at his fraternity house
- our first “date” was a group outing to a bar
- we got engaged 3 months after that date (in front of a 7-11)
- we were married in Nebraska, had our reception in Virginia, and honeymooned in Alaska: all months apart
- we lived in two different states for the first 6 months of our marriage (ask Beer Geek, he’ll tell you exactly how long the drive was)
- we’ve traveled to Australia, the Netherlands, Iceland, Belgium, St. Maarten, Germany, Portugal, Canada and Ireland together (as well as Alaska, Hawaii, and more than half of the continental United States)
- For our 11th anniversary we went to Las Vegas and had an Elvis renewal of our vows
I’m really not sure how we can top this for our 20th anniversary next spring!
7. Recently Mad Fox bottled a few bottles of my favorite beer. They had a limit of two per person per visit. I may have visited enough to score 8 bottles. SorryImnotsorry.
Now I’m supposed to choose 15 bloggers and notify them (that will probably happen, umm, sometime in the next 50 years). Here you go in no particular order (and it’s as eclectic as you might expect from me…):
1. Run Salt Run
2. Just Trying is for Little Girls
3. Miss Zippy
4. Dancing to Running
6. You Signed Up for What?
7. Eat Pray Run DC
8. The Healthy Slice
9. Itz Linz
10. The Lean Green Bean
12. Pavement Runner (you really need to read his blog – he’s crazier than I am.)
14. 21 Days
15. This Mama Runs for Cupcakes
Now I need to finish all the stuff I’ve been cramming into this single week of no kids (they are at Camp Grandma and Papa). So far I’ve scrubbed and re-sealed the grout in one of our bathrooms, worked a bunch of hours at one job, worked a few hours at my other job, run every day! (despite whining about the heat), and finished the Divergent series. I promise I’ll respond to all the awesome comments on my safety blog soon (but probably not until after I caulk the shower.) Perhaps I’ll even run a double digit run today, but don’t hold your breath on that.
I know, my life is so exciting…