Miss Zippy tagged me with some running related questions. Since I don’t have a lot of running to talk about these days, I’m actually going to answer them. ;o) I did manage a 3! mile run on the treadmill today. I felt a few twinges near the end, but nothing major. My goal for the week is three runs of three-four miles each.
- Do you prefer winter or summer running? Why? I’m a winter runner all the way. I’d much rather run in really cold weather than in the Virginia heat and humidity. I hate being hot (and yes, I’m still taking another Bikram yoga class) and there’s only so much clothing you can take off, kwim?
- What’s been your toughest race to date? My two toughest races were actually not my two longest. My first half marathon, the Zooma Annapolis half, was living hell. It was the first hot day of the season. I’d gotten myself a bit dehydrated before I started. It was hilly. I went out too fast. My other tough race, the Lighthouse Run 10 miler, was similar – too hot at the beginning of the season. I’ve learned I have to be really careful about long races at the start of the summer. My body is just not ready.
- Running goals for 2011? My number one goal is to get back to my “regular” mileage pain free. I miss going out for a run whenever and for as long as I want. I’d also like to hit four more states. In a perfect world, I’ll also pull off another sub-2 hour half marathon, but I’m trying to focus on recovery at this point.
- Do you have any other passions in life? Besides my family, my other passion is sharing my love of running and fitness. I’m training to be a coach and personal trainer so that I can help other moms find their inner runner (or biker or whatever). I strongly believe that if you don’t take care of yourself both physically and mentally, you are less capable of taking care of others. Women often forget this and put everyone else first. I want to teach others how to be selfish in a good way.
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be? My first choice would be near family, but since that’s not really an option (Beer Geek won’t move north), I’d like to live some place where the weather does not fluctuate as drastically as here. I’d love some place like San Diego or the Pacific North West. Really though, I love where I am. It has its drawbacks, but I’ve been here for 16 years and it’s comfortable now.