Or not LOL. Thanks to Linda at MomRunningFromCancer for the award.
Here’s how the award works:
- Post and link back to the person who gave you the award
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers so we can share the love
- Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve won
1. I ALWAYS wear a watch. My current watch is a digital armitron with a black band. I wouldn’t call it stylish, but it’s nowhere near as big as the athletic Timex I used to wear. Anyways, it’s waterproof and NEVER leaves my wrist. I sleep in it, shower in it, swim in it, etc. In fact, I keep it on even when I’m wearing my Garmin.
2. I drink about two large cups of coffee each day, It takes me most of the morning to finish, so I find myself reheating the same cup multiple times. Sometimes I heat it up, forget it in the microwave, and then heat it up again without actually drinking any. I know my coffee snob friends are cringing at that. ;o)
3. Shoo was born at home. Intentionally. The two best responses I’ve heard to that were the taxi driver asking my mom if it was legal to do that and another mom who said to me “but you seem so normal.” I still enjoy seeing the looks on people’s faces when Shoo informs his friends that he was born upstairs in his mommy’s bed.
4. One of the reasons I chose the university I did was their Russian studies program. Unfortunately I discovered languages are not my strong suit when I got a D+ in Russian my second semester. Russian Studies isn’t a particularly useful degree if you can’t speak the language.
5. I went to a job interview after college and when I walked in, the interviewer started speaking to me in Russian. Apparently he saw the language on my transcript, but didn’t notice the D+.
6. I love shoes. If I had the room and the money, I’d have a pair of shoes for every outfit. One of the hardest things about being a stay at home mom is having no reason to wear heels. There’s a reason Beer Geek calls me his “little Imelda” LOL.
7. I think better on paper than on a computer. Even through grad school, I used to have to write my outline and often my rough draft on paper before I could write it on the computer. I still often print things out so I can edit them by hand. Somehow I seem to process things differently with a pen or pencil in hand than I do with a keyboard and a screen. (Can I just tell you how happy I am I took the SATs and GREs before they became computerized? And yes, I did jot notes about this post on a scrap of paper first.)
I’m not going to be able to come up with 15 people, so here are just a few of my favorite blogs…
- AJH at Age Groups Rock
- Marci at Ramblings of a Running Addict
- Jamie at Running and Some Sauce on Top
I’d love to link more, but just don’t have the time to go see who has and hasn’t been tagged. If I’ve commented on your blog in the last week or so, consider yourself tagged. ;o)