Things are settling back down around here. So here are some good things going on in my life:
- Core Barre – I really enjoyed the class I took last week and I had one opportunity to take it this week. Unfortunately, I had a really tight time frame for making the class and the rain and traffic made me miss it. I ended up doing a pseudo barre class in my basement. Obviously I did a good job, since I can’t really use my arms today. (Quite possibly due to the fact that my smallest weight is 5 pounds.
- Running – On Sunday I ran four miles and worked for several hours on the yard and my foot didn’t hurt! Mile 4 even started with a 9, so running a bit faster is obviously not the problem. Now if I can just start building some serious mileage in the Brooks. (Yesterday and today I’ve even walked around the house barefoot without problems. Woot!)
- Army Ten Miler – I admit to a love hate relationship with this race. It was my first double digit race almost 5 years ago. I was SO sore afterwards. I’ve run it twice since then and been unable to beat that elusive 1:30. Also, while I love the race itself, it’s a bit challenging from a logistics perspective and I don’t like that. I made myself go to bed last night before registration opened. Registration was still open this morning when I got up. Yeah, I registered. So, I have an A race for fall – and a goal. Yes, I’ll be chasing that 1:30 during my training this summer.
- Parental units – My mom arrives today. I needed her to come watch the boys while I go to an all day meeting with a client. My dad gets here on Thursday. Having my parents visit is a major highlight of my month. Some day I’m going to figure out how to live closer. Until then, we’ll be earning lots of airline miles!
- Rain – OK, I’ll admit to not being a huge fan of rain, but we really need it. This past weekend, Beer Geek and I mulched the front of the yard and now we’ve had two full days of rain. I’m pretty sure I’m going to need to beat my azaleas into submission really soon!
So, what’s good about your Tuesday?
15 thoughts on “It’s all good”
I knew I was a fully grown adult (ok not really but… :-)) when my parents visiting was something I EAGERLY awaited.
Awesome that your parents can pitch in like that. Enjoy their visit.
I’ve been debating Army also. I have only run it once, and I was 5 months pregnant at the time, so that doesn’t count! It’s the logistics that keep me debating it, too…
YAY for the Army 10! Go get that 1:30.
Have a great visit with the parents!!
Way to look at the positive… what’s good for me? I have a run scheduled today during lunch. Looking forward to logging some mid-day miles. Great post!
Yay for running the ATM! I tried to register but it filled up before I got a chance to register.
So it appears that running is taking a back seat to the gardeners in us all! Damn, that year work is tough!
Got in a great 7.5 mile run today and it’s sunny and warm! All great things:) Have a great time with your parents:)
Your azaleas are awesome! Yay for the army 10 miler. My husbands mom will be living with us most of the summer and it will be nice to have some extra help with the kids around!
So good to hear about the pain-free run. You’ll need a few more of those leading into that 10 miler of yours.
It’s so nice when your parents come to babysit. My kids are too old now but you always knew that they were in safe hands. But my parents just live on the other side of the suburb. It’s a different logistical exercise when there’s plane flights involved. Your parents get extra brownie points for that.
Yay for lots of good stuff!!! 🙂
So I just checked and the ATM is sold out :(. Would have been nice to run with you! If you know of anyone wanting to sell a bib, let me know and I’ll join you!
So glad to hear that your foot is feeling better!! Keep healing!
Wow, it’s crazy to think that your azaleas are just now blooming. Ours were months ago, although it was early this year because of the warmish winter.
Our good thing was that we were ALL at the table for dinner. Rarely happens.
Super excited you are running the ATM also! I am SO SO SO excited for it. 🙂
One of the most important things we teach our clients is to be greatful for 3 things every day. Otherwise you end up walking around feeling dissatisfied about everything. I am grateful for this post (thats one for the day!)