Things are settling back down around here. So here are some good things going on in my life:
- Core Barre – I really enjoyed the class I took last week and I had one opportunity to take it this week. Unfortunately, I had a really tight time frame for making the class and the rain and traffic made me miss it. I ended up doing a pseudo barre class in my basement. Obviously I did a good job, since I can’t really use my arms today. (Quite possibly due to the fact that my smallest weight is 5 pounds.
- Running – On Sunday I ran four miles and worked for several hours on the yard and my foot didn’t hurt! Mile 4 even started with a 9, so running a bit faster is obviously not the problem. Now if I can just start building some serious mileage in the Brooks. (Yesterday and today I’ve even walked around the house barefoot without problems. Woot!)
- Army Ten Miler – I admit to a love hate relationship with this race. It was my first double digit race almost 5 years ago. I was SO sore afterwards. I’ve run it twice since then and been unable to beat that elusive 1:30. Also, while I love the race itself, it’s a bit challenging from a logistics perspective and I don’t like that. I made myself go to bed last night before registration opened. Registration was still open this morning when I got up. Yeah, I registered. So, I have an A race for fall – and a goal. Yes, I’ll be chasing that 1:30 during my training this summer.
- Parental units – My mom arrives today. I needed her to come watch the boys while I go to an all day meeting with a client. My dad gets here on Thursday. Having my parents visit is a major highlight of my month. Some day I’m going to figure out how to live closer. Until then, we’ll be earning lots of airline miles!
- Rain – OK, I’ll admit to not being a huge fan of rain, but we really need it. This past weekend, Beer Geek and I mulched the front of the yard and now we’ve had two full days of rain. I’m pretty sure I’m going to need to beat my azaleas into submission really soon!
So, what’s good about your Tuesday?