Therefore, I have a ton of unrelated random stuff to say.
File under: Miscellaneous
- I ran 4 miles this morning. It was my longest run in a month. I’ve run a marathon at a faster pace than I went this morning (and 26.2 may have felt easier.)
- I have less than two weeks until my 10K in West Virginia.
- I already chose to DNS my 10K this weekend because it’s got a huge downhill at the start and that seems to seriously aggravate the achilles. Luckily, I’d also chosen to not actually register.
- This will be the first time I won’t run the Clarendon Day race since it first started. I’m sad.
- Last year, I PR’d in it wearing Vibrams and a running skirt.
- I’m pretty sure that’s when I first hurt my achilles. Wish I’d admitted it right away and taken some time off then.
- This year, I’m volunteering instead. You’ll find me at Packet Pickup during the day on Friday and Registration on race day.
- Last week, Jones had his fitness assessment for Cub Scouts.
- He made me do some of it too.
- I can’t do a pull up.
- I can only do 3 pushups if I’m required to touch my nose to the ground.
- Is touching your nose to the ground really part of doing a pushup or is that some weird Scout thing?
- Beer Geek and Shoo biked from our house to Mad Fox Brewpub on Sunday for brunch.
- I drove
because I’m lazyso that Shoo wouldn’t have to bike home.
Don’t forget to comment on my sock giveaway. All you have to do is be a follower!