Therefore, I have a ton of unrelated random stuff to say.
File under: Miscellaneous
- I ran 4 miles this morning. It was my longest run in a month. I’ve run a marathon at a faster pace than I went this morning (and 26.2 may have felt easier.)
- I have less than two weeks until my 10K in West Virginia.
- I already chose to DNS my 10K this weekend because it’s got a huge downhill at the start and that seems to seriously aggravate the achilles. Luckily, I’d also chosen to not actually register.
- This will be the first time I won’t run the Clarendon Day race since it first started. I’m sad.
- Last year, I PR’d in it wearing Vibrams and a running skirt.
- I’m pretty sure that’s when I first hurt my achilles. Wish I’d admitted it right away and taken some time off then.
- This year, I’m volunteering instead. You’ll find me at Packet Pickup during the day on Friday and Registration on race day.
- Last week, Jones had his fitness assessment for Cub Scouts.
- He made me do some of it too.
- I can’t do a pull up.
- I can only do 3 pushups if I’m required to touch my nose to the ground.
- Is touching your nose to the ground really part of doing a pushup or is that some weird Scout thing?
- Beer Geek and Shoo biked from our house to Mad Fox Brewpub on Sunday for brunch.
- I drove
because I’m lazyso that Shoo wouldn’t have to bike home.
Don’t forget to comment on my sock giveaway. All you have to do is be a follower!
13 thoughts on “It’s Monday”
I can't do a pull up either, but I'm working on it!
You're only 97 push-ups away from 100! LOL
I can't even reach the pull up bar ;(
You look super hott in that pic. Like yeah, hard core fit!
Even when I was swimming all the time I couldn't do a pull up. So I'm sure there's no way I could do one now! And I've never heard of the nose to the ground pushup.
Congrats on your 4 miles this morning. Love that red running skirt. I sure hope your achilles is better soon.
That's a great picture. I couldn't do a pull up – ever.
I would say touching your nose to the ground doing push ups is a great way to break your nose.
Yeah I can't do a pull up either 😉
I once did a run-swim-pushup event where we had to do pushups graded by an ACE certified coach and we did NOT have to touch our nose to the ground.
Never heard of that kind of pushup!
That IS an awesome pic of you :)Such a total bummer that you're not feeling up to par … I know how that goes for sure :(And nose to the floor???!!!! I would hurt myself 😛
I think a pushup is "real" if your elbows make a 90 degree angle. I don't think I could get back up if I touched my nose to the ground!