Some days my kids make it perfectly clear why I’m a runner…
- before we left for camp yesterday, Jones had already lost a few privileges because he couldn’t keep his hands off of his brother
- we are nearly out of food because taking both boys to the grocery store is one of the forgotten circles of hell
- Jones is attending a camp this week that includes playing in the stream each day. The description made it sound like they’d get their feet wet. Jones has been in the water up to his neck every.single.day.
- Thanks to that camp and Shoo’s camp, my house smells like wet tennis shoes and stinky boys. (At least it’s been cool enough the last couple of days to open the windows.)
- “hugs” on the metro ride to the Smithsonian Folklife Festival quickly led to hitting and biting
- Shoo is in a biting stage and I haven’t figured out what his “currency” is these days
- Overheard in the car on the way home from the metro – J: “You’re a big fat meanie”. S: “I’m not fat.” (There was no protest about the tag of meanie, sigh.)
I was already halfway down the yard on my way for a run by the time Beer Geek got out of his car after work. I ran an easy four miles in 38:54 and it felt wonderful. That certainly made up for Wednesday’s horrible 3.5 mile run in beautiful weather. By the time I got home, I was no longer considering the merits of duct tape versus velcro.