This hasn’t been the greatest fitness week of all time. Nor has it been the best food choices week. But I’m going to celebrate the fact that there were ANY successes, given what is going on here this week. I have an appointment this afternoon because it hurts to swallow. At least if it’s strep, antibiotics are super effective and I should feel good enough to run sometime this weekend.
- I ran twice. Short slow runs, but still they were runs.
- I worked out HARD on the elliptical for 40 minutes yesterday.
- I ate an entire head of broccoli as my lunch yesterday. For dinner I had sweet potato soup. Yay for vegetables!
- I forgot to cancel our veggie/fruit delivery, so we are swimming in fruits and vegetables. I hate letting food go to waste, so I’ll be choosing produce over other foods for the next food days. Win!
- The scale went down a pound, so at least I’m back in my normal “tens place”. Still have some pounds to go, but I’ll take slow, steady progress.
Today is going to be a quiet day. Jones and I both feel pretty crappy, so there’ll be a lot of reading and hanging out. Shoo and Beer Geek headed out to Udvar Hazy Air and Space museum for the day.
Happy 11-11-11 day! And Happy Veteran’s Day to all the veterans out there, especially my favorite one! Your service to the country is much appreciated!