1) Run at least three half marathons, with the eventual goal of a sub-2 hour half. All done, with two of them at sub-2. Revised goal: Beat 1:30 at the Army 10 miler in October.
2) Run races in at least three new states (but I’m aiming for 5).
Still looking good here. Delaware is DONE. Florida is DONE. Wisconsin is in June. Maine is in August. I’m looking at doing Minnesota in June as well, so I may be able to pull off 6 states this year…
3) Workout five times a week. I need to redefine working out in my mind. Running more than 4 days a week is too hard on my body. For some reason, I do better with four longer runs than with five shorter runs. So, if I can get in four good quality runs and try to walk two days a week, I’m going to call that good. Hopefully once Shoo goes to preschool in the fall, I can take a class or hit the gym once a week to truly cross-train. Summer is starting and with two kids underfoot a lot more, it’s going to be all I can do to get in the running.
4) Stop stressing about my weight and start lifting weights. This experiment has not worked. I’m having a very hard time staying where I want to be. I’ve also really slacked on the weights. My first goal is to stop the mindless eating in the afternoon and the snacking on the lunch foods while I’m packing lunches. I’m also going to aim for lifting four days a week, rather than every day. Once I get back to that, hopefully I can slowly build back to 7 days a week (since I never have time for a full body workout).
5) Run at least 8-10 races this year.
6 down, 4-6 to go.