Merry Christmas to all! It’s a beautiful day here in Wisconsin. Cold, but sunny. It’s so nice to look outside and see the sun shining off of all the snow, instead of seeing more snow come down.
And now, for your amusement:
How you know you are in a small town in the midwest for Christmas:
1. You put your beer in the garage refrigerator to keep it from freezing.
2. You have to put on boots and a parka to get a beer from the garage.
3. You sing the first verse of Silent Night in German.
4. Many of the congregation actually know the words.
5. You open presents on Christmas Eve.
6. When asked, both grandmas say you open on Christmas Eve because the men used to have to milk on Christmas morning.
7. A banner with “Jesus Loves You” stretches across the Main Street downtown.
8. No one here is protesting the banner.
9. Pickled herring is part of the Christmas Eve snacks.
10. Some of the herring actually gets eaten.
I hope everyone’s Christmases have been wonderful and family filled. I’m off to eat some Christmas kranz for breakfast and to spend the day watching my kids play with their new toys. Merry Christmas!