I haven’t had a good night’s sleep in several days. First I was nervous about Jones’ upcoming surgery. Then I was up with him in pain. Then I had to set an alarm to keep ahead of the pain. Then last night, he slept and I didn’t. I was convinced he’d wake up “in a few minute”, when in reality he slept hours. (I’m having flashbacks to newborn days.)
The lack of sleep is making me kind of loopy, so I’m gonna bullet point it from here…
- I should have run yesterday, but I just didn’t have the motivation. I *need* to run today, but I’m still lacking in motivation.
- The saddest part is that I really don’t care.
- I’ve been slowly putting our basement back together since the renovation. Today I discovered we have record, tape, and CD versions of U2: Under a Blood Red Sky. In fact, we have two CDs since we each had a copy pre-marriage.
- Apparently I had really bad taste in music as a child. Most of my records are the K-Tel compilations.
- We don’t even have a turntable anymore, so I’m not sure why we have records.
- Jones is doing as well as can be expected for an older child having a tonsillectomy. Unfortunately, that means he still feels like crap.
- Shoo, on the other hand, has more energy than three kids. He made Beer Geek ride for hours in circles around our neighborhood this weekend. On the bright side, my dream of biking to Mad Fox Brewpub will become a reality sooner than I thought.
- Apparently when I’m overtired, I drink too much coffee, eat too many carbs, and sit on my butt. Not exactly the best half marathon training plan I’ve ever come up with.
- I need to do some work, but I’m not sure I’m coherent enough to be useful.
And if you’re worried about Zombies, check out my boys over at Parenting by Dummies!