I have no real, coherent post in me today. Just too many random things going on.
- I went four days without running. I woke up this morning in desperate need of a run.
- I had to drop my car off to have the dealership fix what they broke last week. It took an amazing amount of restraint to not take my lack of running pissiness out on the service dude ’cause I was not exactly happy to be there.
- I’ve also spent the last four days convinced I have ticks crawling on me (thanks, camping). Did you know there is actually a medical term for that? Formication.
- I have to wear my hair up in a bun because my hair brushing against my neck freaks me out.
- Instead of running yesterday afternoon, we went to a party at a friend’s to celebrate her graduation. I ate a piece of pie and a brownie for dinner. Sometimes being an adult is cool.
- Then I had a craving for a juicy burger at bedtime. Sigh.
- In two weeks, I’ll be running my last half marathon of the spring. I’m actually thinking it might be my last race until September.
- I think this summer will be the summer of strength training. I can do that in the air conditioning.
- Have I mentioned I hate summer in Virginia?
- I also hate the fact that there were no good dark beers at the grocery store this morning. I currently only have about 8 dark beers in my fridge. That’s not going to last me all summer (even if they do all clock in around 9%ABV LOL)
- None of my shorts fit well. I’m sure it’s my eating habits.
- I forgot to buy bananas and eggs at the grocery store today. I eat both of those nearly every single day. WTH?
What random crap is running around in your head this morning? Tell me I’m not the only one who can’t keep their head in the game today. Lie if you have to…
7 thoughts on “Monday Musings”
I love your random shares!!
I hate that crawly feeling. I spent 5 years working at an elementary school (in the office) and anytime a student had head lice I felt like stuff was crawling all over me!!
Hope you got a run in!!
Sounds like my head nightly! I have random thoughts all the time. Hubby and I spent a week in Virginia in July and it was hot! I can only imagine trying to train through that.
Random blog posts are the best! 🙂
I lived in Alabama for a stretch of time, ticks were everywhere. About made me vomit. Not many here in Colorado, but I just get creeped out thinking about them.
I meant to stop at the grocery store on the way home from wherever the hell I was (I forget…old age will do that) and get bananas and eggs as I eat them daily, too (freaky)….but I forgot. Looks like peanut butter toast tomorrow – bleh.
Hahaha! I think this is the inside of just about every woman’s head! I’m new here, but this is so true, I can’t help but play along:
1. If the shrimp don’t thaw by dinner time, remember to put them in to soak a bit before it’s time to cook them.
2. Why don’t Seaweed Pringles taste like Seaweed?
3. Call hairdresser for haircut before cowlicks take over head. But hairdresser is out of the country for at least another week. In one week, remember to call hairdresser for haircut.
4. Why can’t I ever find a pair of scissors when I need them? WHO IS HOARDING THE SCISSORS?
5. Will the delivery man ever return my call? How will I know when to be home for his delivery? Why does customer service out here stink so frequently?
6. Put towels in the guest room before guests arrive.
My question is … did you eat that burger at bedtime? Cause I totally would have!
Yeah, I’ve been all over the place lately. Made myself a to-do list cause I’ve been so off-track lately. And now the kids get out of school this week! AH!
I have kids at home the whole time, even though there’s currently no vacation. It’s driving me crazy, and I can’t think straight. So you’re not alone!
Lool I love your chain of thoughts.