Life is a bit scattered right now with a lot of different stuff going, so this post will be in the “stream of consciousness” style. ;o)
- My right shoulders is sore. Apparently if you lift four ounces approximately 3000 times, it is a toning workout. Next time I need to figure out how to get my left arm in on the act. Then I’ll be able to call volunteering at a race a cross training workout.
- The weather here this weekend was beautiful. Jones convinced me to invite two of his friends over for the afternoon. The three of them plus Shoo opened both of the backyard gates and basically ran in a circle around the house for three hours. They called it playing Star Wars, I called it good exercise. Wonder if I can get Jones to run a race with me by carrying a light saber?
- Our school auction was this weekend. My beer and food pairing dinner went for way more this year than last year and they convinced me to host three couples instead of two! I’m a little nervous. I’m great with beer, but I’m only a good cook, not outstanding by any means. Oy!
- I’m discovering that running huge numbers of miles during the week is resulting in not much running on the weekend. I did one four mile run and one 5.4 mile run. I was convinced someone replaced my legs with bricks on Friday.
- I’m getting a bit nervous about the marathon in May. I had a couple of friends DNF at Shamrock this weekend because of the heat. These were strong, experienced runners. I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for a cool, cloudy day, since my record for decent races on hot days is not very good.
- I’ve already run 100 miles for the month of March and I have a 20 mile run this week. Last week was a personal record at 37.4 miles, but I’m pretty sure I’ll be breaking 40 this week. No wonder I’m hungry all the time! I don’t know how runners who run more than that on a regular basis a) find the time, b) manage to not constantly stuff themselves and c)have the energy for speedwork. My legs have decided that they aren’t going faster than a 9:30 mile, regardless of what my mind says.
- One of the things I didn’t win at the auction was a RoadID. Kudos to the company for all the donating of their product. I think that’s awesome. However, since I can’t seem to win a giveaway or an auction, I’m going to actually have to go buy one myself. Anyone used the shoe pouch version? Any recommendations of which product to get?
- Four boys at dinner makes for an incredibly loud meal and a scary amount of pizza consumed.
- It’s supposed to get up to the mid 70s on Wednesday, just in time for my 20 mile run. I’m not a warm weather runner, but I keep telling myself that it’s good practice for the marathon. Maybe one of these days I’ll actually believe it.
- The venue where we hold the school auction does not allow red wine or dark beers, so I usually end up drinking the vodka punch. Isn’t the definition of insanity something like repeating the same action and expecting different results? Maybe one of these years I’ll figure out that the punch is not a good idea.
- It’s raining today and Shoo has a friend over, so I’m going to actually attempt to do some decluttering and straightening of the house. It would be nice to have my house NOT look like it got tossed by the FBI.
Congrats to everyone who ran this past weekend. Hope everyone has a lovely week.