Life is a bit scattered right now with a lot of different stuff going, so this post will be in the “stream of consciousness” style. ;o)
- My right shoulders is sore. Apparently if you lift four ounces approximately 3000 times, it is a toning workout. Next time I need to figure out how to get my left arm in on the act. Then I’ll be able to call volunteering at a race a cross training workout.
- The weather here this weekend was beautiful. Jones convinced me to invite two of his friends over for the afternoon. The three of them plus Shoo opened both of the backyard gates and basically ran in a circle around the house for three hours. They called it playing Star Wars, I called it good exercise. Wonder if I can get Jones to run a race with me by carrying a light saber?
- Our school auction was this weekend. My beer and food pairing dinner went for way more this year than last year and they convinced me to host three couples instead of two! I’m a little nervous. I’m great with beer, but I’m only a good cook, not outstanding by any means. Oy!
- I’m discovering that running huge numbers of miles during the week is resulting in not much running on the weekend. I did one four mile run and one 5.4 mile run. I was convinced someone replaced my legs with bricks on Friday.
- I’m getting a bit nervous about the marathon in May. I had a couple of friends DNF at Shamrock this weekend because of the heat. These were strong, experienced runners. I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for a cool, cloudy day, since my record for decent races on hot days is not very good.
- I’ve already run 100 miles for the month of March and I have a 20 mile run this week. Last week was a personal record at 37.4 miles, but I’m pretty sure I’ll be breaking 40 this week. No wonder I’m hungry all the time! I don’t know how runners who run more than that on a regular basis a) find the time, b) manage to not constantly stuff themselves and c)have the energy for speedwork. My legs have decided that they aren’t going faster than a 9:30 mile, regardless of what my mind says.
- One of the things I didn’t win at the auction was a RoadID. Kudos to the company for all the donating of their product. I think that’s awesome. However, since I can’t seem to win a giveaway or an auction, I’m going to actually have to go buy one myself. Anyone used the shoe pouch version? Any recommendations of which product to get?
- Four boys at dinner makes for an incredibly loud meal and a scary amount of pizza consumed.
- It’s supposed to get up to the mid 70s on Wednesday, just in time for my 20 mile run. I’m not a warm weather runner, but I keep telling myself that it’s good practice for the marathon. Maybe one of these days I’ll actually believe it.
- The venue where we hold the school auction does not allow red wine or dark beers, so I usually end up drinking the vodka punch. Isn’t the definition of insanity something like repeating the same action and expecting different results? Maybe one of these years I’ll figure out that the punch is not a good idea.
- It’s raining today and Shoo has a friend over, so I’m going to actually attempt to do some decluttering and straightening of the house. It would be nice to have my house NOT look like it got tossed by the FBI.
Congrats to everyone who ran this past weekend. Hope everyone has a lovely week.
31 thoughts on “Monday Randomness”
You do have a lot going on right now! I hear you on the being hungry with mileage in the upper 30's/40's or higher. All I want to do is eat! At it causes a bit of a problem when at work in different states or on a plane. You should see my work bag – it's full of snacks! Good luck with the 20 miler this week and I'll try to send some of our cooler weather your way 🙂
Wow! I would be hungry too if I were putting in the miles you are putting in!
Congrats on the big mileage week!Also great news on your beer-pairing dinner party raising some great funds for the school. What a unique idea!I'm right there with you on the heat. I'd be happy if it stayed below 60!
Congrats on all the miles and good luck on the 20 this week! The weather in PA in May can be absolutely anything – so I've taken to not worrying about it, since I suspect that the weather still won't be set when we start driving from AZ. However – since most of the race is on the rail trail, there should be some pretty good shade, which is a huge perk over all of the open roads of Shamrock / most other races.
I think it's great that you'll get to run long in the 70s this week. Best way to practice the eating/drinking, etc. for potential heat.I regularly run in the 40s (mile range) and the downer is that for me, anyhow, I still can't indulge too much w/o weight gain!
Wow busy lady! Great job with the mileage this month. You're kicking my butt! I'm sure you'll be fine in the marathon. You can't control the weather, so don't stress about it.
Wow…you are one busy girl! I have never had vodke punch, but had a bad run-in with rum punch…it was so great at the time. 🙂
Don't fret about the race yet that is too far away. You will have gotten to slowly get used to the 'heat' by then.You are crazy busy! with all that and loads of miles no wonder you want to eat a lot!
I have been starving lately too – and seem to eat the most on my rest days. Whatever.Good luck with the 20! I think it's good to run some warmer training runs. Gets you a little reacclimated to the heat instead of getting smacked over the head with it on race day!
pizza+boys…TOTALLY understand that one – and they're not even teenagers yet *shudder* 🙂
You have alot going on in your life… even if it is all random news. Hope you get 40 miles this week 🙂
I'm not a warm weather runner either but it is good to get prepared in case. Last summer I did a relay and one of my legs was in the middle of the day, a very hot August day. I was humbled by the experience. I walked during a part of a 6 miler. I would have said I would never do that! My third leg was up a mountain and I was in heaven because the heat had broken. This year I am going to do some heat (ugh) training before the relay.
That's a lot of miles and a lot of kids at the table!I enjoyed your random post 🙂
Something tells me that you are going to do just fine in your May marathon:) You are certainly training hard for it and putting in your high miles!
I wish you could make it to the Azalea Trail run this weekend. That would be awesome. Can't you rearrange some things to make it. It's not too far from Diamondhead! If not, have a great week and weekend. Miles = hunger. I'm in misszippy's boat – still can't eat too much without the lbs. It's just wrong.
how would red wine in a flask work? i'd give it a whirl.
What a great, busy weekend! Doing great on the mileage. Good luck on your 20!I have the shoe road ID, but not the pouch…just the ID. I don't notice it's there!
Way to go on that mileage! All I want to do is eat just reading about it.Good luck with the cooking for the dinner party! Sounds like fun.I'm not sure how I will do when BW starts having friends over. I may require earplugs or lots of wine – that level of noise is exasperating.
I like running more mileage during the week so I can have the weekends free but I don't run as much mileage as you. Sounds like you had a good weekend! Great job on your mileage this month!!
I just got my roadid and decided to go with the wrist one. i thought about the shoe pouch, a friend of mine has it, but i alternate shoes and wanted to be able to wear it cycling as well…the wrist just seemed easier to deal with.
Road ID? I just engraved a dog tag from one of those do-it-yourself booths at the home improvement store and laced it onto my shoe. $1 later, and a nice little blue bone on my shoe…
Ha – I am starving all the time once I pass 15 miles a week!!! I don't know what I'm going to do once I hit 40+ mpw like you – I'll probably be eating WHILE running, showering, sleeping…..Good luck on your 20 miler!!
I wish you all the best, but I must say it is comforting to hear that someone else is feeling rather beat down by their marathon training. Gives me hope anyway. 🙂
You are a busy woman! Nice job with all those miles – you deserve to eat. Speaking of which, I posted that Beer Cheese Soup recipe for you 🙂
LOVE your random thoughts! So very fun to read. You're doing great, keep up the strong work!!
Busy week! I agree with you on the heat. While I like that it's getting warmer, last week when it was in the 60s I remembered what warm weather running meant: me dripping in sweat.And RoadID – I don't have anything to add about the shoe pouch, but I do have a coupon code if you'd like it. E-mail me (badgergirl1 at gmail dot com) and I can send it to you.
Wow! You are doing a ton…of miles and everything else! =)
Sounds like you have quite a bit going on. If anyone can do it, it's you!
Awesome job on the running, your training has been strong! I can't win a giveaway either, but RoadID is totally worth buying!
I like the wrist/bracelet roadid (I need to keep it on from bike to run)…gots all my good info on it!
Funny that you think of 70s as "warm weather"! It's 75 here this afternoon, and I was just thinking of putting a light sweater on!