Long time readers may recall that I go “home” for two weeks every August. Usually, I go for the middle two weeks, but this year Jones is losing his tonsils two weeks before school starts, so I’m hitting the road today. Yes, 36 hours after I hit the house from Utah, I’m heading out again. As one might assume, yesterday was a little crazy.
In my one day at home, I:
- did two loads of laundry
- packed the freezer full of food for Beer Geek while we are away
- took Jones to the lab for blood tests
- picked up Pinewood derby cars so the boys can design them and do the wood work with my dad
- met with my non-runner client to work on some projects so I have work to do in Wisconsin
- renewed Jones’ library card and got Shoo his first one
- straightened my house
- drove both of my cars (Yes, we still have three cars for two drivers. No, I don’t know when that will change.)
- re-packed a suitcase (Thankfully, I was smart enough to send one of our suitcases from Utah home with my parents, so I only had one to deal with.)
What did I not do? Run. But, for the next 15 days, I’ll have extra adults around to watch the kids + an elliptical and treadmill in my parents’ basement, so soon I’ll have no excuse for not getting back on the wagon. I’ll miss my husband and my bed, but I’m looking forward to eating fresh veggies from their garden, swimming in the pool every day, and catching up with all of my extended family that I haven’t seen since last August.
Now I just have to survive a two hour flight with Shoo talking non-stop the entire time. I swear I thought my ears were bleeding after our four our flight on Sunday…