It’s cold and gray here today and one kid is sick and crabby. So, I’m ignoring everyone and answering the questions I got asked as part of the 11 random things. Maybe I’ll get motivated to run later (or maybe I’ll run to get away from the crabby kid…)
From Larissa of Larissa Milano Fitness
- How long have you been running and what made you start? I’ve been running off and on for my whole life, but I truly became a runner when I suffered with postpartum depression with my older son.
- What is the farthest place that you have traveled to? Australia
- Favorite race that you have run? Marine Corps Marathon
- Favorite thing to do on a rainy day? Read
- If you could meet anyone (dead or alive) who would it be and why? I hate this question LOL. I always feel like I should have some deep answer here.
- Do you have any pets? What are they? All we have these days are fish and sadly our numbers are seriously down right now.
- Craziest thing you have ever done? Some would say giving birth at home was pretty crazy.
- Biggest fear and why? That somehow a parenting mistake I make (and let’s be honest, we all make them) is going to totally screw up my kids.
- If you won the lotto would you still keep your current job? If not what would you do? Well, since my main job is “mom”, I’d be keeping that. I’d probably also continue working a few hours a week for a friend. Beer Geek, on the other hand, would drop his job like a hot potato. (And replace it with some geeky geography or geneology thing.)
- What was your #1 New Years Resolution? Are you still on track? I don’t do resolutions – I set goals. My main goal was to run pain free. I’m rockin’ that goal.
- One bad habit you want to break? I really need to start going to bed at a reasonable hour.
From Raul of Raul Gone Mobile
- Favorite obscure movie? (And why..) Top Secret – It’s the stupidest, most pointless movie I’ve ever seen. But it used to make me laugh until I cried.
- Favorite kitchen appliance? (And why..) My toaster oven. My stove is older than I am (serioulsy, the directions manual includes a message about cleaning up and meeting your husband at the door), so I hate using it. I use my toaster oven every.single.day.
- Favorite Olympic sport? Anything that involves running
- What method(s) do you use to make time for yourself? I sign up for a race so I have to do training runs. ;o)
- Favorite alcoholic beverage (if beer, be specific. 🙂 ) Beer, but I can’t pick just one. My top ten are here.
- Why do you blog? Because my husband got tired of hearing me talk about running.
- What is one place you’ve always wanted to travel to, but haven’t made it there yet? South America, specifically Argentina. We were just starting to make plans for a trip there when I got pregnant with Jones.
- What’s your take on reality TV? Not my thing, unless it’s a cooking show LOL.
- Favorite band? Uncle Tupelo
- Mac or PC? Mac
- Favorite season to work out in? Fall
(I am currently messing with my feed. I apologize if anyone is getting old posts in their reader or duplicates or anything like that. The only way I know to test it is to publish posts. Hopefully I’ll have it figured out soon. Edited to add: Looks like the best subscription is the one on my sidebar. Please click on the RSS feed on the right and subscribe to that one. Thanks!)
5 thoughts on “You’ve got questions? I’ve got answers”
Top Secret!!! Man, I LOVE that movie….
Oh my gosh – that stove manual is too funny!
Glad you’re rockin’ the pain-free runs! Hope that continues!
I love your answer for why you blog! I am in the same boat! Although I still talk about running too much.
I think I’ve told you before, but I LOVE that you had a home birth. Curious… why Argentina? I was there for 3 weeks with a Spanish course in high school, and loved it.
LOL, I do some of the Food Network reality stuff, but leave all the rest.. Love the bit about the stove manual, too