- When I was in college, I was in Air Force ROTC for a semester. We had to run 1.5 miles in some reasonable amount of time ( think it was 15 minutes). I went out too fast and failed.
- Facebook just informed me that my status on August 18, 2010 was that I ran mile repeats: 8:06, 8:05, 7:56. I don’t think I could run one mile anywhere close to that right now, even if I was being chased.
- When I was pregnant with Jones, I worked out 3-5 days a week. I lifted weights, I used the elliptical, and I biked. I was still huge.
- With Shoo, I only walked and chased after a 3 year old. I gained the exact same amount of weight (but unfortunately had started out 10 pounds heavier.)
- Moral of the story? Do the best you can to stay active and eat right during pregnancy, but recognize that there are some changes that your body will choose on its own. (Thighs and butt, anyone?) And it is possible to come back in better shape afterwards.
- Before Shoo, I never ran more than 30 minutes at a time. My first race ever was after he was born and it was an 8K. I thought that meant 4 miles. Needless to say, everything over four miles pretty much sucked.
- Qualifying for and running Boston is not on my “running goals” list, but I do want to do a relay and someday I really want to do a timed ultra (I’ll never run one of the trail ultras that’s out there.)
- I haven’t run more than 6 miles since my half in March, yet I’m already jonesin’ for another full marathon. I swear the memory of the pain should last longer than a year LOL. Maybe I should get through training for my Philly half before I start thinking about it.
Happy Friday, everyone. Ours involves a tonsillectomy, so I’m a little stressed…
13 thoughts on “Random Fitness Facts Friday”
OMG! I don't think I'd ever post my pregnancy pics, as they still horrify me! You look fabulous now, and what a great way to show your kids how strong and healthy their mom is.
Hope the tonsillectomy goes well, just make sure the little one stays hydrated afterwards. Love the prego pics, I should post mine someday, totally awful with my huge belly, I gained like 50 lbs both times
Oh I hope the little one does well with the surgery! I've had 2 of mine go through it.. Love your prego pics. I actually don't really have any!
Good luck with the tonsillectomy (glad someone else used the word so I can spell check).
lots of good luck to you guys today!
Well you look great now! 🙂 hope the tonsillectomy goes well. FB never sends me stalker info like that…
Hope things go well today. Your pics are cute!
I am cackling with laughter about your 8K race – that really seems like the sort of thing *I* would do!Good luck with the tonsillectomy this weekend!
I completely agree with you that your body can get even better post pregnancy. My first is 10 months old and I am learning this. I appreciate and love my body for all the amazing things it can do!
Hope the tonsillectomy goes well.
You set such a great example as a healthy, fit and AWESOME mom! And you definitely have a better "fit" glow than "pregnancy" glow!I hope surgery and recovery are going well!
Hope the tonsillectomy goes well! I'd be a nervous wreck!
Qualifying for Boston is not a running goal for me either. But, I do want to run an ultra and a 200 mile relay!! I think I'm bordering obsessed with both of these goals :)Hope the tonsillectomy went well.Thanks for linking up!