1. I went to the grocery store at 6am this morning to buy milk and toilet paper. I felt like such a stereotype.
2. But we actually needed milk and toilet paper. And chocolate.
3. Thanks to the earthquake and the hurricane, my stress levels are through the roof. That’s why we were out of chocolate. These natural disasters need to stop soon or my pants won’t fit.
4. I get to spend today trying to fit all the random yard stuff and the trash cans into our garage. Our garage was designed to fit a Model T, so this could be interesting.
5. I have beer in the fridge, but more importantly we have a stock of good Belgian beers that do not need to be refrigerated to drink. In a pinch, we also have red wine.
6. Apparently going to the store in a “hurricane panic” is even worse than going when hungry.
7. We have 5 100+ year old oaks surrounding our house, therefore we’ll be sleeping in the basement on Saturday night.
8. I plan to go fill the gas tank on my Pilot in a few minutes – mostly so I can charge my iphone if we lose power. I also filled the tanks of the jeep and the civic. (Yes, I have 3 cars to primed to keep my iphone charged. Priorities, people!)
9. If we don’t need them for charging, I may not need to buy gas until sometime in October.
Thank you for all the birthday wishes. It was a pretty low key day with take out Thai food for dinner. We’ll celebrate as a family sometime after Jones is completely healed and Irene is gone.
Stay safe, people! I’m hopeful that things won’t get too bad here, but I’m prepared just in case.