I’m sure some of you have social lives, but heck, I’m 40 and I have two kids (and I drank for 8 hours last Saturday LOL). So we are having a nice evening in…
- I currently have four boys running around outside my house. The beauty of boys is that I can be inside and still know exactly where they are and what they are doing. Yes, they are THAT loud.
- I can’t resist a good virtual race. I’m currently signed up for two
- Notice how both of the virtual races are marathons? Luckily they both allow you to add up your mileage over two weeks. I do plan to do the 26.2 for the second one barefoot or in my Vibrams.
- Speaking of Vibrams, I am also planning to buy the Merrell Pace Glove shoes and a pair of Kigo’s. I don’t know how much I’ll run in them, but I’ve been wearing my Vibrams every.single.day as my casual shoes and I need more variety.
- Yes, I know I have a shoe addiction.
- I ran 10 miles today: 1 warm-up mile by myself at 9:45, 8 miles with a client at an average pace of 12:49, and 1 mile by myself at 8:30, just to see how I felt. I felt awesome and like I had not run at all.
- Apparently, I need to become an ultra runner and just run slow forever. :o)
- I was recently listed in the Top 50 Inspiring Blogs for Your Post-Partum Weight Loss over at RNCentral. Made my day!
- Assuming I can find a babysitter, I’m going to get certified to teach Body Back soon. I.can’t.wait!
- In a few minutes, I need to get four boys inside and wrangled into pajamas. Then, we’ll be heading back outside to see the “Super Moon”.
- After that, I’m opening a beer. Or a couple of beers.
Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend and that all my DC area peeps are out there enjoying the amazing weather!
14 thoughts on “Random thoughts on a Saturday night”
I signed up for the Cupcake too. Thankfully with my 12 miler today I am done with those miles! Woohoo. Time to taper for my first half marathon coming up. Have a great weekend!!!!
so much awesome news! i am going to check out that postpartum weight loss site…right up my alley right now! you are inspiring in so many ways! hope you and all those boys enjoyed the super moon!
I'm doing Cupcake too!
I know what you mean about boys and loudness!! It was gorgeous outside today! I'm signed up the for the Cupcake run too, sounds like fun! enjoy the rest of your weekend.
great run today!! I really need to check out this cupcake marathon.
It makes me happy to read about how well you are doing!! Cheers 🙂
I thought the "super moon" this weekend was bright but not SUPER bright. Kind of a letdown.
i definitely know the boy stuff. I have two of each. The girls you never know where they are, very sneaky. Boys are much easier! Looks like you have such great experience with the Vibrams, what are you thoughts on the NB Minimus. I was reading about them last night.
you'll appreciate boys when they are teens also. less drama. 😉
YAY all awesome wonderful news!!!!!!
I am certified to teach Stroller Strides, the parent company of Body Back. While I loved teaching the classes, just be cautious of the contract you sign to take the training and work with them. I am still under my contract and have separated from the company almost a year ago. Just something to keep in mind if you aren't franchising with them or if you think you will ever separate from Body Back classes and start something similar on your own.
ooh ooh I saw the Merrell's recently, and if I hadn't *just* bought another pair of Vibrams I'd've snatched them up. will be curious to hear the review!!
Great job on the run! Hope the boys got a kick out of the moon… it kinda looked the same to me.
I missed the Super Moon. Im a bit sad over this 🙁