Here are the rules:
1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people!
1. On weekdays, I always hit my snooze button four times. I need that time to slowly get my body awake and moving, but will fall back to sleep without the alarm. So, my alarm is set for 20 minutes before I have to get out of bed.
2. If you talk to me while I’m reading, I will hold a conversation with you. There’s a 50/50 chance I’ll remember said conversation.
3. Whenever our beer fridge gets down to just one shelf of beer, I start feeling the need to buy more beer. I think I must have lived through Prohibition in a previous life.
4. When I was pregnant with Jones, I craved soup every.single.meal for the first 6 months. Then I had soup at a local Ecuadorian restaurant from the “native” side of the menu. It had a big hunk of fish with the skin still on floating on it. I didn’t eat soup again for almost a year.
5. I nearly failed Russian in college. At my first job interview, I walked in and the interviewer started speaking to me in Russian. Apparently he’d seen it on my transcript and not noticed the D. Needless to say, I did not get that job.
6. Despite my love of beer and my plan to brew my own, I don’t actually drink that much. *Most* weeks I have two beers – one on Friday night and one on Saturday night. If I’m feeling wild and crazy, I’ll have one beer with dinner and one later. (You can send the Old Lady card over now.)
7. There are certain foods that I buy every time I go to the grocery store because we eat them regularly. I always forget to check beforehand how much we have. Because of that, we currently have 8 jars of peanut butter and enough cheese sticks to feed an army.
8. Every night, when I put the kids to bed, I put on my pajamas and then a pink polyester robe that looks like a snuggie met Forever Lazy (so not linking to that LOL). It’s like I age 40 years in just a few seconds.
9. I’ve lived in 9 different states. I’ve visited all 50 states. I’ve now run races in 17 states.
10. My migration to WordPress was not simple. In fact, I installed and uninstalled WP from my site four times. The final solution involved pulling code apart and uploading some things individually. I know I’ve still got a number of things to fix. The weird part? It.was.so.much.fun. Geek, much?
11. I love shoes. No, really, I have a huge collection and strongly believe that each outfit should have its own shoe. But I never wear shoes in my house, run barefoot on my treadmill, and do most of my other miles in Vibrams. As you might guess, I don’t wear my shoes out very fast LOL.
Since I’m pretty sure EMZ hit me up first, I’ll answer her questions here. I’ll hit you with the other questions another day.
1. Do you love or hate the treadmill and why? I’m neutral on this. I love it when I need it. But I prefer not to need it.
2. Describe yourself in three words. Laid back, detail oriented, outgoing
3. Describe your best friend. He’s 6′, with brown eyes and dark hair and he loves a good beer. ;o) And he’s the first person I call when I have something to share. (Followed closely by my parents.)
4. Text or call? Text
5. Favorite place to eat? Mad Fox Brewpub, duh.
6. Where did you first see your wife/husband/significant other? I have no idea LOL. He was an alum at my college boyfriend’s fraternity, so I’m sure I saw him plenty of times before we became friends.
7. Do you buy lottery tickets? Nope
8. The first thing you do in the morning. Smack my alarm clock
9. Favorite recovery drink. Chocolate milk or nuun.
10. If you could have any car in the world, which would you buy? I’m not really a car person. I actually really dig the Honda Pilot I bought last year.
Questions for those I tag:
1. Do you sleep with a lovey? If so, what?
2. Where’s your favorite place to go on vacation?
3. Have you ever been on a cruise? If so, where did you go?
4. What’s your favorite day of the week?
5. Is there a vegetable that you absolutely refuse to eat?
6. How close to where you were born do you live?
7. How many states have you lived in?
8. Favorite snack?
9. Favorite non-running related blog?
10. Are you addicted to pinterest? (find me there if you are LOL)
11. What’s your favorite room in your current house?
I apologize if some of you have been tagged before. I know I’m late to the party (kind of the story of my life LOL). I’d love it if you’d still answer the questions…
1. Anna B at Let’s Rock This
2. Viper at Booze Hounds
3. Rose at Eat, Drink, and Be Meiri
4. Silly Girl Running
5. TNT Coach Ken
6. Molly at I’m a Sleeper Baker
7. Amy at Welcome to Boston
8. The Jesse at Journey Through Life
9. Liz at Eternal Lizdom
10. Sarah at Sarah Fitness
11. SBMac at Running is a Life