- Yesterday I thought I had lost my wedding ring. I was surprised at how upset I was when I thought it was gone. It has little monetary value, but I’ve worn it nearly constantly for 15.5 years (the only time I’ve taken it off was the latter part of both of my pregnancies when it stopped fitting). Thankfully, I figured out that it had flown off my hand when Shoo yanked my keys out of my hand and I found it on the ground near my car.
- I’m in the part of my cycle where not only do I not want to run, I can’t seem to care that I don’t want to run. Good thing I managed that 10 miles on Thursday or I’d have virtually no miles this week. I think this explains my low mileage at the beginning of every month.
- I’ve agreed to be a contributor over at Bookieboo on running and fitness. My posts should show up every other Tuesday starting this next Tuesday, so check me out as Metro DC Mom over there.
- I’ve finally printed out the test for RRCA. I haven’t started it, but printing it is a step in the right direction, right?
- It’s time for our beer and food pairing dinner again. In preparation (and because Jamoosh shamed me with the size of his collection), I bought about 3 cases of beer (at least 20 different beers) on Friday. I still have the local beer store to check out, but I now have a lovely collection to get me through the winter.
- Put on the damned running clothes. If you don’t put them on, opportunities to run will pass you by. Just sayin’
- Beer Geek and I talked last night and a new car is in my future. I want a Toyota Rav4, so I’ll be spending some of my “kids are at school” time shopping. I.can’t.wait!
- I’ll be running home from Jones’ soccer game again today. It forces me to do four miles instead of bailing early.
- For all that I whined about October, the first week of November was actually worse in terms of overcommitment. Next week isn’t looking much better. Right now the third week of November has two things – giving blood and a long run with Bill. I’m going to make coffee plans with another friend. And that’s it. I will be practicing saying NO ’cause if I don’t, things won’t be pretty.
- Date night tonight. Woot!
Have a great weekend, y’all!
10 thoughts on “Saturday randomness”
About the car….remember CarMax!! My hubby works for the one in Charlottesville and it is where we have gotten our car and it's great!! If you are going for new new there is a Toyota dealer at the CarMax up in Laural. Sorry if you know all this I just love to tell people that are looking for cars about CarMax and plug them! I love your blog and it is keeping me running for my 10k on Thanksgiving!
Date night for me too! Hooray! We're gonna go check out a Real Salt Lake soccer game. Have fun!
Have fun tonight!!
Enjoy your date night and your beer!
Enjoy date night!
Yay for new beer to try and date night!
Woohoo for car shopping!Enjoy tonight!
I hope that your date went well! Mr. Julie and I need to have more dates…life is always so crazy, we need to make time:)I thought I lost my wedding ring a few times too! Both times was when I was baking cookies and took it off to mix the dough. I put it somewhere and it took me a day or two to find it:)Have a great week!
Well I guess my negative influence has it's perks. FYI, Lady Ja and I picked up three more cases this weekend as well. I think we are pushing over 90 different beers in the house right now.
Whoa – you give blood during training?! I haven't bled in two years because of this crazy sport…