What? That’s not a triathlon?
Last night I finally reached a point where my cheekbones and teeth didn’t hurt, so I figured I needed to take Jamoosh’s advice and sweat the ickies out. It was supposed to rain, so I planned to head to the gym (I’ll run in the rain but not when I’m already sick.)
This morning, two things happened.
- I woke up and it was warm (66 degrees!) and dry!
- G posted on Facebook that she’d gone for a run. Now, as many of you know, that girl ran a marathon Saturday. While coming down with what turned out to be a nasty bug. And she was out there this morning. That’s bad a$$. Some might say galactically bad a$$. So, if I ever have any hope of being part of her posse, I needed to run.
- Bike – 3 miles in 29:25 minutes. Yes, that’s hella slow, but part of it was with my kids, I forgot to turn off my garmin when I was locking up their bikes, and it was a super hilly ride. Did I mention it was hilly? And that my bike only works in one gear?
- Run – 3 miles in 29:56. My goal was 31, so I was happy with that. 10:22, 10:00 and then I decided to see what I had left – which as a 9:10 pace until I hit the last quarter mile, which was all uphill. What kind of sadistic race director ends a race like that? Oh right, me. Anyways, gives me hope my speed will someday come back.
- Rake – 30 minutes. The county will be vacuuming our neighborhood soon, so we are trying to get as many leaves as possible out to the curb. Can you tell where I ran out of time?
After my “triathlon”, I took a quick shower (people at Costco, you can thank me later) and then had “lunch” at Costco (aka stopped at every sample LOL).
What would you do if you came up with a triathlon? Anyone up for an “MCM Mama Virtual Triathlon” where you pick your own activities?