This weekend was a rollercoaster ride. Some parts were really, really good. Some parts were really, really bad.
I won the new Sugoi Firewall jacket in magenta at Pacers on Sunday morning. Not only is it an awesome jacket that fits me really well (and the color is even more intense IRL), but it’s the kind of thing I’d never buy myself. I’ll write a full review once it’s actually cold enough to wear it.
Shoo had a 24 hour stomach bug this weekend. Unfortunately, it started at around 7:00pm on Saturday night. I was up with him all night long and only managed to catch a couple of hours of sleep near morning at the foot of his bed. He seems to have completely bounced back, but now I’m waiting to see who it hits next.
Some of this is good, some is bad. All of it is sucking up time I can’t seem to find.
- Today we have an appointment for a strep test for Jones. He’s been complaining of a sore throat all weekend, so it’s time to check it out.
- I’m ready to take my RRCA test, but am not sure when I can carve out some uninterrupted time this week to do so.
- My running is all over the place. I’m trying to make my running conform to the hard/easy formula suggested by RRCA, but I keep running all 4-6 mile runs at random paces. I need to find a goal race and create a plan.
- I want to run 30 miles a week, but I’m having trouble managing that in only five runs. I’m not consistently getting in a long run either.
- I currently have 174 miles to run yet this year to hit 1400. I honestly don’t see it happening.
- I managed to beg my way into a local Turkey Trot. Unfortunately, my ankle is whispering that a PR is not in the making. We’ll see.
- I stayed up too late last night watching BrewMasters on Discovery. I was at the Savor where they taped part of the show and got Sam’s beer at the time they were taping, but I was apparently left on the cutting room floor. Bummer. ;o)
- My other blog had some great hits this past week. The Washington Post Voices page linked to my America Recycles post and DCBlogs linked to my post about giving up showering to conserve water. Too bad all I can think about to write today is how tired I am. ;o)
- After Thanksgiving, I’ll be an “apprentice coach” with one of my friends’ companies. I’m pretty excited, but it’s weird to actually start moving forward on my goal!
Hope everyone else’s weekend was a bit better than mine. I’m still hopeful that we can get everyone healthy and have a happy Thanksgiving around here.
16 thoughts on “The good, the bad, and the overwhelming”
That jacket looks like "fuscia" to me. Then again, what do I know…
Oh, you now have your own Jacket of Wonder! I have the Firewall in red and it is my absolute favorite. Even better is that I didn't pay a cent for mine either! (and good thing, too, because it's a $180 jacket.)I don't wear mine until it is 25 degrees or less. It's just too warm otherwise. Just a word of warning!
It's wonderful that you won that jacket. I love it!
Jacket looks amazing! I live in Colorado and have never found it "quite" cold enough to run in one. However, I normally run inside on the treadmill when it's below freezing! 😀
Love that jacket, but you're right–it's not cold enough yet for it! I hope you get some rest this weekend and that everyone in your house is back to health asap.
Will you be at the Arlington Turkey Trot from Christ Church then? Dave and I will be there again this year, at least I hope. He got an email confirmation but I didn't get one yet so I had to write and ask. Would be fun to meet you though – we'll have Ben in his blue Baby Jogger.
Awesome jacket!!Sorry to hear about the stomach bug… NOT the best way to spend a weekend. :S
Love the jacket! Keeping my fingers crossed that everyone is happy and healthy at the Thanksgiving table!
Sweet jacket! Illness is always a challenge to handle on top of everything else.
Love that jacket. Can't wait to read your review. I've been looking to buy one before it gets cold.
the jacket rocks!Hope that "bug" passes quickly!!
That jacket is great! Hope the kids get better quickly!
and that's why I don't have kids…I KID!! sorry for the family sickness, it's so not fun to be worried about everyonegood luck fitting in all in wonderwoman
I likey the new jacket! Can't wait to hear your review on it. Sorry to hear about the sick kiddo. I hope everyone is feeling better soon!
Big hug to you! You can totally hit that 174 – I have faith!P.S. – I'm jealous of that jacket! Congrats!!!!
Just read your showers post. I loved it!