This has been an awesome summer. We had a lovely family vacation to Utah and Wyoming, where I raced in two 10ks, hiked a whole bunch, met up with a college friend, and met up with a fellow blogger. Then the boys and I came to my parents’ house for two weeks.
In the past two weeks, I’ve
- raced a 10k in Michigan (report coming soon, I promise!)
- visited several new brewpubs
- gone to the Wisconsin State Fair
- gone to the local town fair
- attended an awesome beer festival (Great Taste of the Midwest)
- drunk too many beers
- eaten too much food
- slept in late
- jumped on a trampoline
- sat on my butt a LOT
- swam in my parents’ pool
- gone for a boat ride
- spent too much time playing on the computer
- ignored the computer completely to hang with my family
- Did I mention, eaten too much? Oy.
I’m sure the list could go on, but unfortunately, all good things must come to an end. Today, dad and I are heading out for one more run and the boys are going to the farmer’s market and getting haircuts. Then it’s time to start saying good bye to all my extended family. Wednesday morning, we head back to Virginia, where Beer Geek is waiting.
It’s been an awesome time and I’ll miss my family, but I’m ready to sleep in my own bed and see my husband every day. I’m even ready to do my own laundry and cook my own meals. LOL
And I’m ready to start training again. Philly Half is in about 14 weeks. Time to drop the “summer indulgence” pounds and start picking up the mileage!