This has been an interesting year for me so far. In some ways it was super planned (our trip to Australia and New Zealand) and some ways it’s been completely a “roll with the punches” year. I’m still dealing with the hail damaged rental car, my kitchen is still not started, and Monday I worked 4 different gigs. (I won’t be doing that again, see below for what I’m letting go.)
But the weirdest part of the whole summer is that I had no real running goals. Well, except to actually start running again, so I guess I nailed that. End of post. No?
Ok, here were my goals for the year with updates on where life is.
- Continue running injury free. Ooh, I completely blew this one. I still can’t run too many days in a row without my foot getting pissed. I mean, I’m happy that I can run some and that I’m slowly building mileage for MCM, but I’m so over always feeling like I’m about to not be running again.
- Continue following the Faster Way to Fat Loss program. (affiliate link) Quite frankly, this program has saved me. If I wasn’t putting a ton of energy into these workouts, I’d be completely a wreck with as little running as I’m doing. I’m not happy that I’m behind in marathon training and I miss racing, but I’m still in great shape and all my clothes fit. Win!
- Blog when I have something to say. Umm, I have a lot less to say than I thought I would. Still trying to decide how I feel about that.
- Sub once a month at the local public library. I’m cutting this back to every 2-3 months. I want to sub just enough to keep my status, but I really don’t have time for it.
- Have fun with my new job with ZOOMA. I love this job. I do a lot more now than when I was hired and I have learned so much. I’m excited to be attending all three races this fall. My code ERIKA2018 will still get you 10% off of any race. I know a group of us will be at Great Lakes – you should join us!
- Take a huge trip with our boys. OMG, this was the most amazing trip. The flights were long, but the actual time there was just too cool. Even with two weeks, we only saw a portion of New Zealand and Australia, but we managed to do some really cool stuff. Beer Geek and I have already discussed going back for a month once the boys have left to spend time on the south island when it’s not winter.
I’d be lying if I didn’t admit I’m a bit nervous about this fall. I’ll be working more hours a week than I have since my 16 year old was 3. Thankfully, most of the work is from my dining room and my boys are now old enough to help me out around the house. Luckily I am one of those people who thrives on being busy and becomes much more efficient when I have no time to not be efficient.
How did you do on your summer goals? Did you hit the items on your bucket list?