I apologize in advance for the mind dump that this post will be. If you’d like to read something coherent, pop on over to Eat Pray Run DC where I’m sharing 5 things I’ve learned in 20 years of marriage. (And if you like that, you should check out how marriage is like fitness…)
So, in no particular order, here’s what’s swirling around in my head:
- I finally feel like my running is coming back to me. I’ve still got a long way to go to be ready for the Marine Corps Marathon next fall, but baby steps…
- I was working on an article last night and researched a race I’d like to run – the Boilermaker 15K. I’ve wanted to run this race for years as it is sponsored by Saranac Brewing. Saranac was my gateway beer – my introduction to the wonders that are craft beers. But, it sells out super quick and they are instituting a new registration where charity and previous runners get in first. I’m kind of considering running it as a charity runner to guarantee I get it. But running as a charity runner is my ace in the hole for MCM, so I don’t know that I want to have to raise funds for 2 races next year.
- My eating, on the other hand, has been awful lately. It’s not that I’m not eating the right things. I am. I’ve been eating the rainbow. The problem is nighttime snacking. I’ve been pulling out all my tips and tricks and I’m still struggling. I know a big piece of it is stress, so I need to stop the emotional eating!
- As I mentioned in my post on Courtney’s blog, we are coming up on 20 years of marriage! We are also just over 5 years away from some huge milestones: Jones will head to college and Beer Geek will be eligible for retirement. (As you might guess, someone going to college and someone retiring are not a match made in heaven…) I feel like I really need to start working on a Five Year Plan. (Is the process of creating a plan something you all would like to hear about?) I mean, we are saving for both college and retirement, but I feel like I need to figure out what *I’m* going to do with my life. Yes, I’m 44 and I’m still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.
- Today I’m running with my MRTT ladies (it’s been way too long) and then I am in pursuit of the last of the holiday beers I need. So far, I have more than 15 beers, but I’m still missing two favorites: Full Sail Wassail and Delirium Noel. Then my holiday haul will be complete.
- Speaking of Christmas, I have zero gifts for anyone so far this year. I can’t figure out what Jones wants (teens are HARD to buy for) and Shoo wants a soccer goal (yeah, that’s gonna fit in our yard). Beer Geek wants a specific bike mountable camera, so I just need him to tell me which version. Me? I need a new computer. Not what I was planning to buy right now (Mac’s are expensive!) but I’ve spent way too much time lately looking at the swirling ball of colors. (And while I was writing this, my computer crashed. Thank Goodness for WP autosave.)
How about you? What are you thinking about? What do you want for Christmas?
I’m linking up with Running with Spoons for Thinking Out Loud Thursday.