My life could best be described as chaotic. And for the longest time, I thought I’d eventually tame the chaos. It appears, however, that’s not going to happen any time soon. I know I’m not alone in this. Life is going to throw you curve balls. It’s how you handle them that matters.
I prefer to handle them with humor, running and a good beer.
I do feel like I’m taking teeny tiny baby steps towards an acceptable level of chaos, versus the “oh my God, my heads going to pop off” level I was at a week or so ago.
I’ve accomplished a lot:
- I bought my new car
- We are nearly ready to start repairs on the ceiling and floor
- The gecko seems to be doing fine and has a new location in the house
- I’ve run 3! out of the last 5 days
- I’ve identified races for the fall and made some reservations for the Riverboat Series
- I ordered Jones the exact.same.backpack that I took to college mumble mumble years ago (and still use)
- I bought Jones a pair of running shoes for gym class – his first pair in 3 years! (What can I say, he wears Keens for everything.)
I know when the kids go to school next week, life will enter a different kind of chaos. I’ll be racing like mad to catch up on work, empty Jones’ room for the repairs, get my half marathon training jumpstarted, and we’ll be back in the usual homework and school activity juggling. Yeah, sounds pretty normal.
And some day soon, my blog will go back to normal. Whatever that is…